HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition (Mod Warning #2635)

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They shat on him long before he got hurt.

And it's absolutely stupid to think an injury at this stage is going to ruin a 19 year old's career. But here we are.
Some did yes, you're right, but now that group is growing because some of the ones who didn't are doubting he'll play.

I mean he's out for an entire season here. That can't be a good thing for a dman to miss an entire year of development when you haven't gotten used to the speed in the NHL yet.

If I was a GM out of town, I'm not sure I still want to trade for him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Some did yes, you're right, but now that group is growing because some of the ones who didn't are doubting he'll play.
All those people can go jump in the lake.
I mean he's out for an entire season here. That can't be a good thing for a dman to miss an entire year of development when you haven't gotten used to the speed in the NHL yet.
It's not a good thing. It sucks, it's disapointing and nobody's happy about it.

But players have been hurt before and come back. Why would this be any different? You can go all the way back to Rocket Richard as an example. He was hurt a lot before he established himself. He will have a set of challenges we all wish he didn't. But most blueliners don't even make the NHL until their early to mid 20s. He's got so much time to heal and develop. This is a bump in the road.
If I was a GM out of town, I'm not sure I still want to trade for him.
It's absolutley insane to think that this guy's done now. His career hasn't even started yet. Any GM in the league would want him. As always, it would depend on the price.

Last edited:

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Kovacevic with the 1st goal of the season for NJ!

2-0 Devils over Buffalo.
I think he was our only plus defenceman last season.

It was announced that the organization has brought in AHL players including Tyler Boucher , Stephen Halliday and Angus Crookshank . It is also possible that Zack MacEwen and Jan Jenik , two physical players, could be part of the roster.

According to journalist Anthony Marcotte, Ottawa plans to field AHL players on Saturday, instead of presenting a full team in preparation for the regular season.
What they expecting a war?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad