HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition (Mod Warning #2635)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Who was the loser the Habs got in return ?

Makes me always concerned if the management can't build an AHL team to make the playoffs/judge AHL talent.

Yeah, it's a pre-season goal, but it's a nice one and way better than anything whatever the tool he got traded for would do.
Legaré best season in the AHL is 19 points. I would not call him a AHL talent.

What about Jonathan Marchesseault?

Your assertion is only a supposition.

And Rainmaker is average height for a dman (6'2), not big, but average.
Average height for a dman is 6'1½

Last edited:

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Legaré best season in the AHL is 19 points. I would not call him a AHL talent.

No, i calculated all dmen who played last season and it's 6'1.9/10 for dmen. 6'0.8 for forwards. 6'2.8 for goalies.

It was 6'1.8 for dmen in the previous season. The .8 is in centigrade (because I calculated total inches).

Edit: i checked my notes:

315 dmen, 23929 total inches=73.94 inch average

2×80
5×79
11×78
17×77
40×76
51×75
52×74
56×73
41×72
25×71
7×70
8×69

Last edited:
Reactions: LaP

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
This kind of thing will effect future signings and player negotiations... Bruins seem to be falling into the trap of letting their success get to their heads.

Hope Swayman forces his way out and this marks a turning point in a long slow demise and painful rebuild.

I don't understand the situation. It seems to me Bruins have the leverage. Not sure how many teams, if any, would be prepared to offer Swayman a 64m contract right now. Everyone's roster is pretty much set and that is a big commitment for a goalie with 130 or so games. So if not the Bruins then what? And will the alternative result in a better contract?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah if I'm Boston there's really no reason to budge, it will be money out of Swayman's pocket soon enough. They might have the best defense in the league which will make things a lot easier for Korpisalo.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah if I'm Boston there's really no reason to budge, it will be money out of Swayman's pocket soon enough. They might have the best defense in the league which will make things a lot easier for Korpisalo.

McAvoy and Lindholm are so good. I'm hoping Reinbacher and Guhle become our version of those two.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
McAvoy and Lindholm are so good. I'm hoping Reinbacher and Guhle become our version of those two.
Lindholm I can see but McAvoy is arguably a top 5 dman in the league which I don't see either Reinbacher/Guhle becoming. I've always said that Habs need at least one top 10 forward/dman/goalie to become a cup contender, and our best chances at that are Demidov/Hutson/Fowler. Only time will tell if that happens.

I think that Zadorov contract is really bad, but I also understand why they did it. It's pretty much identical to the Knights cup winning defense. If I'm the Bruins, I'm more worried about the offense than the goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad