HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition (Mod Warning #2635)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
It's 100% a D number.
True story; on one of my teams, me and two other guys wanted #11. We did odds/evens and rock-paper-scissors to see who would win it and I somehow won.

Turns out there was no #11 and I didn't find out til after the whole team had picked and the other two guys got to pick other, actually decent numbers.. I got stuck with dirty ass #3 as a forward.

Still haven't gotten over it (obviously).

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Kind of unfortunate because I would love to see Sid back in the playoffs but I also appreciate the loyalty he has towards the franchise that drafted him.
f*** him. He should come here to win a cup. I hate him. Unless he signs here.

Man Crosby would really push out young guys to their max though.

We're seeing it in Edmonton now with draisaitl and bocuard becoming elite impact players just from getting to play and practice with Mcdavid and understand the way he thinks the game. Sitting under the learning tree turns good players great. No one can convince me letang ever becomes a #1 d without Crosby as a team mate.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Their key players are under 30 though.

McJesus 27
Draisaitl 29
Bouchard 25
They basically have one season to go all in and convince drai to stay. If drai leaves Mcdavid is gone.

No way he's signing in Toronto either. It'll be a low income tax market with cap space. Vegas, Utah, Florida, Tampa, Dallas all have tons of big contracts expiring when Mcdavid is a free agent. People say endorsements blabla but he's going to get them regardless as the face of hockey.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They basically have one season to go all in and convince drai to stay. If drai leaves Mcdavid is gone.

No way he's signing in Toronto either. It'll be a low income tax market with cap space. Vegas, Utah, Florida, Tampa, Dallas all have tons of big contracts expiring when Mcdavid is a free agent. People say endorsements blabla but he's going to get them regardless as the face of hockey.
It depends. Not everyone value money to same. Brodeur spent his entire career signing team friendly contract in NJ where the tax rate is high. Maybe McDavid will chase money. Maybe he'll sign where he wants to play. We don't really know.

Reactions: Fenris

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad