HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Edmonton's D is complete trash like even worse than last year's team with Ceci & Desharnais. Skinner isn't good enough to make up for a shit D. He needs protection.

The team is soft, soft, too. McDavid was getting crunched by Calgary and there was zero push back by Edmonton.

Unless McDrai pops off, they may not make the playoffs.
Don't forget about the start they had last season too

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I get the feeling they'll sink this year if they try that again.
What a disaster of an off season for the team.

That sucks for SJ. Hate to see that.
It seems like many top picks who graduate immediately get injured at one point during their rookie seasons.
Fantilli and Bedard come to mind just recently.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I don't blame the goalie for that. Zibanjad freaking sucks. Miller is trying to handle 2 guys down low. Z needed to come back & protect the front of the net & pick up Keller. He's just f***ing standing there watching.

Keller has hands, and the time & space in the world to do what he wants. Tough play for the goalie as the play is beginning behind him, so hard to get a read, and then boom, it's in the net.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

With this D, I don't think they're going on a run like last year. They're so bad. Dermott is a top 4D for them.

They desperately need to get at least one legitimate top 4 RD. That pushes Dermott, Stetcher, Emberson into 6-8 territory, where they belong.

Reactions: Andrei79

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah I lost my pool week because of this. Nightmare.
Anyone who thinks they improved in the off season are sadly mistaken. They have below average goaltending and one of the weakest group of D in the league.

Will the Jeff Skinner streak continue? Drafted 16 years ago and has never played a play off game...mind boggling

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Yeah, I think we can peg Ottawa and Buffalo at the bottom of the Atlantic where they belong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad