HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
A team to take notice of. Their goaltending is not great but they got a load of good young players.
And an owner who’s known for his impatience, Friedman said the other day GM & coach have been told if they don’t make a playoff run in next two tries he’s making changes

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Mon beau Lars moment in NY :slaugh:

1000009581.jpg

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Damn Auston Matthews zero goals or assists in 3 games. Has that ever happened to him before?

A team to take notice of. Their goaltending is not great but they got a load of good young players.
Don't think it happened to Lieutenant Matthews or Admiral Matthews but Captain Matthews is built different.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wouldn't pay any goaltender that with max term. With the exception of the dead puck era, teams have needed two goaltenders since the 1960's. They aren't worth as much as the top forwards or dmen in my opinion.
There are exceptions for every rule. Look what’s happening in Colorado. How many cups would they win with Shesterkin?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And an owner who’s known for his impatience, Friedman said the other day GM & coach have been told if they don’t make a playoff run in next two tries he’s making changes

They're making a run for the playoffs this year. They need to upgrade their D, but they have the assets to do it. They've won 2 games in OT, so I expect them to fall into Wild Card status eventually.

Still, Dallas, Colorado & Winnipeg should be locks in Central. Vancouver, LAK, Edmonton, Vegas in Pacific.

I expect Utah to battle St. Louis, Minnesota, and Nashville for the final spot.

San Jose, Calgary, Chicago and Seattle should be bottom 4.

I expect Anaheim to be a tweener due to a young D. Not quite ready to compete, but improved over last year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Damn Auston Matthews zero goals or assists in 3 games. Has that ever happened to him before?

He's getting older. He knows a real season last 100 games. Remember the time Dale Weise had more goals than Crosby after 10 games. Or the season Kris Kontos had more goals than Bure after 20 games?

I liked Kulak. He's underrated imo. He had some great flashes sometimes.
We drafted Lane Hutson with the pick we acquired from Kulak ...

Reactions: Toene

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Edmonton's D is complete trash like even worse than last year's team with Ceci & Desharnais. Skinner isn't good enough to make up for a shit D. He needs protection.

The team is soft, soft, too. McDavid was getting crunched by Calgary and there was zero push back by Edmonton.

Unless McDrai pops off, they may not make the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad