OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
What is the “PDO argument”?
That teams with a high PDO are lucky, and that they will fall back when their PDO falls closer to a normal number. I just brought it up because a certain team's fans (Clue one of those teams on that list) kept mentioning it earlier in the season suggesting the Isles were just succeeding on lucky charms this season. ;)

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I don't hate the Beckham trade and neither do any of my friends who are Giants fans.

I am a Giants fan and agree, it was long past time for the Giants to truly rebuild. I would have really liked to have squeezed out the Browns second rounder - but getting a mid-first rounder, a solid young safety that can also KR/PR (two years left on his rookie deal and an option I believe) and a third is OK. OBJ is a unique talent but he is going to need to be paid even more soon (a lot of his guaranteed money is up and they become rolling guarantees each March).

This season will probably be painful but there are still some solid players on the Giants right now. Barkley is a star and can act as another receiver, Penny is a good FB, Shepard and Engram are solid and the o-line is 4/5ths done (with Solder, Hernandez, Halapio and Zeitler plus some cheap, depth players). For the right price, I would like to add Daryl Williams at RT via UFA.

On defense, I really like Tomlinson, Hill and McIntosh on the interior DL and Carter has potential at the EDGE while Goodson is a solid LB. Not a big fan of Ogletree but he is probably a placeholder for now. In the secondary, Jenkins is still around (and could net another draft pick next year at the trade deadline), Grant Haley impressed me as a slot corner and I am interested to see Sam Beal this year. Antoine Bethea should help Peppers and Michael Thomas at safety.

The Giants will hopefully be able to add an elite pass rusher at #6 (maybe Sweat?) and can go PBA at #17 and #36 (if they don't believe in a QB prospect this year, then grab the best defensive player and WR prospect on the board). If they don't take a QB this year, you "Tank for Tua" or try to get Herbert next year. They will also have $100-120 million in cap space next year and almost all of the roster will be on rookie or vet minimum contracts.

I am surprised by people who don't see this for what it is and has been since mid last season, a rebuild to try and fix the former regime's free agency overpays and bad drafting. Not to mention a complete change of locker-room culture and turning this team over to young players like Barkley, Shep and whoever emerges as a leader on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I am a Giants fan and agree, it was long past time for the Giants to truly rebuild. I would have really liked to have squeezed out the Browns second rounder - but getting a mid-first rounder, a solid young safety that can also KR/PR (two years left on his rookie deal and an option I believe) and a third is OK. OBJ is a unique talent but he is going to need to be paid even more soon (a lot of his guaranteed money is up and they become rolling guarantees each March).

This season will probably be painful but there are still some solid players on the Giants right now. Barkley is a star and can act as another receiver, Penny is a good FB, Shepard and Engram are solid and the o-line is 4/5ths done (with Solder, Hernandez, Halapio and Zeitler plus some cheap, depth players). For the right price, I would like to add Daryl Williams at RT via UFA.

On defense, I really like Tomlinson, Hill and McIntosh on the interior DL and Carter has potential at the EDGE while Goodson is a solid LB. Not a big fan of Ogletree but he is probably a placeholder for now. In the secondary, Jenkins is still around (and could net another draft pick next year at the trade deadline), Grant Haley impressed me as a slot corner and I am interested to see Sam Beal this year. Antoine Bethea should help Peppers and Michael Thomas at safety.

The Giants will hopefully be able to add an elite pass rusher at #6 (maybe Sweat?) and can go PBA at #17 and #36 (if they don't believe in a QB prospect this year, then grab the best defensive player and WR prospect on the board). If they don't take a QB this year, you "Tank for Tua" or try to get Herbert next year. They will also have $100-120 million in cap space next year and almost all of the roster will be on rookie or vet minimum contracts.

I am surprised by people who don't see this for what it is and has been since mid last season, a rebuild to try and fix the former regime's free agency overpays and bad drafting. Not to mention a complete change of locker-room culture and turning this team over to young players like Barkley, Shep and whoever emerges as a leader on defense.

Beckham is talented, but he always seems to have an injury issue going on too. He doesn't seem to get that football is a team game and cares about his individual accomplishments way too much. I'm curious to see what the Giants do with their first rounders now, either selecting a QB or trading for one. Barkley is more valuable than Beckham is.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Anybody else watch Narcos? I've been wanting to for a while, so I started a few weeks ago. That show is crazy. Seasons 1-2 were awesome. Season 3 started off meh but the last half was intense
Not really feeling Narcos - Mexico as much as of right now though, only 2 episodes in

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Brockmire season 3 started this week.

I loved season one, have made it through two episodes of season two and it's not nearly as good so far. Charles (?) isn't nearly as interesting and captivating to me, so the early story focusing on him is incredibly boring. Does it get better?

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I got to see God last night:

20190404_191623.jpg

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Reactions: SteveH124

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I loved season one, have made it through two episodes of season two and it's not nearly as good so far. Charles (?) isn't nearly as interesting and captivating to me, so the early story focusing on him is incredibly boring. Does it get better?

Definitely not as good as season 1 and marginally better. The first episode of season 3 did not have Charles. Brockmire is in a new location with a new cast. So I am hopeful.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Anybody else watch Narcos? I've been wanting to for a while, so I started a few weeks ago. That show is crazy. Seasons 1-2 were awesome. Season 3 started off meh but the last half was intense
Not really feeling Narcos - Mexico as much as of right now though, only 2 episodes in

I really like Narcos. Mexico wasn't quite as good but I still very much enjoyed it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Definitely not as good as season 1 and marginally better. The first episode of season 3 did not have Charles. Brockmire is in a new location with a new cast. So I am hopeful.

Went a few more episodes and the emphasis has shifted from Charles back to Brockmire and it's much more enjoyable. I have nothing against the actor, the character just shouldn't be the focus of the show at all.

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
My dad is stuck in no man's land between Penguins and Flyers territory in central PA. Slim chance I'm sure but anyone aware of any hidden Islander bars or meetup spots in the Harrisburg metro area? He was trying to find somewhere to potentially get out of the house and watch game 1 amongst like-minded individuals.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
My dad is stuck in no man's land between Penguins and Flyers territory in central PA. Slim chance I'm sure but anyone aware of any hidden Islander bars or meetup spots in the Harrisburg metro area? He was trying to find somewhere to potentially get out of the house and watch game 1 amongst like-minded individuals.
I have spent a lot of time in the York/Harrisburg area and I would be shocked if there is an Isles enclave of any kind there. Even though it's a lot closer to Philly than Pburg, that is pure Steelers/Penguins country. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Flyers bar much less an Isles bar.

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
I have spent a lot of time in the York/Harrisburg area and I would be shocked if there is an Isles enclave of any kind there. Even though it's a lot closer to Philly than Pburg, that is pure Steelers/Penguins country. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a Flyers bar much less an Isles bar.

That's what I figured. I know there's strong presence in the Long Island transplant areas - Charlotte, Arizona, all over Florida. Not many people from Long Island up and moving to Central PA like we did though.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
That's what I figured. I know there's strong presence in the Long Island transplant areas - Charlotte, Arizona, all over Florida. Not many people from Long Island up and moving to Central PA like we did though.
On the upside, I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding a place with the game on. Good luck. LGI

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
A couple guys from Broken Lizard/SuperTroopers have a show out now. Tacoma FD. Pretty good so far.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Narcos - Mexico is not as good as previous seasons but does pick up steam and is still worth watching.

Reactions: islesfan186

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Went a few more episodes and the emphasis has shifted from Charles back to Brockmire and it's much more enjoyable. I have nothing against the actor, the character just shouldn't be the focus of the show at all.

Ok I don't remember the season progression as I watched it last year. And I don't think Charles is even in season 3. I found the character annoying at times so I would be happy if they wrote him out of the series.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Last week I watched "The Highwaymen" a Netflix original movie with Costner and Harrelson. The story of the men who tracked down Bonnie & Clyde.

Slow burn but decent enough.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Ok I don't remember the season progression as I watched it last year. And I don't think Charles is even in season 3. I found the character annoying at times so I would be happy if they wrote him out of the series.

Charles was in this week's episode. I can only hope it was a 1 episode cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad