OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
That movie was bad, I think they should make Quinn the next James Bond that would be a good move, since Daniel Craig is getting too old
No way. I mean, cmon, popular culture has been following the Boomers for 50+ years now. The next James Bond is going to have a rocket-powered walker.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Yeah, I heard that FP is no more. Bummer. And I did a bit more digging and see that it was definitely his brother in my class, and he does writing too. That makes like 4 kids that I know of from my class that have IMDB pages. Where did I go wrong? :laugh:

LOL, Dix Hills is a trainwreck of a town must be good for creative observations, the director of the Hangover movies went there as well the head of the DNC (Wasserman), and that other movie director Mottola.

Beats going to school with Kriss Angel

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
LOL, Dix Hills is a trainwreck of a town must be good for creative observations, the director of the Hangover movies went there as well the head of the DNC (Wasserman), and that other movie director Mottola.

Beats going to school with Kriss Angel
Hey, let's not forget Ralph Macchio. He was Dix Hills, right? Hills of Dix as some called it.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Anyone see Heather Locklear on the news? Anyone wanting to keep their kids off drugs just have them look at before and after pictures of Heather.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Just finished watching Brockmire, definitely an entertaining show and worth checking out.

Reactions: Big L

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Anyone see Heather Locklear on the news? Anyone wanting to keep their kids off drugs just have them look at before and after pictures of Heather.

How about staying away from Botox and plastic surgery?

1203_van_ark_getty-1.jpg

Courtney-Cox.jpg

courteney-cox-michael-keaton-hand-and-footprint-ceremony-1992jpg.jpg

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
What qualifies as an Oscar caliber picture today is not what they were like 10 or 20 years ago... Lady Bird was an atrocious version of any teen flick... Shape of Water was a bad version of Splash... I mean best movie of the year was Molly's Game followed by Big Sick and neither got nominated

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
What qualifies as an Oscar caliber picture today is not what they were like 10 or 20 years ago... Lady Bird was an atrocious version of any teen flick... Shape of Water was a bad version of Splash... I mean best movie of the year was Molly's Game followed by Big Sick and neither got nominated

Oscars suck....just like the grammies

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Grammies have always been bad, Jethro Tull won for heavy metal one year, but Oscars generally were on point, but now what is considered a good movie has changed

Funny thing is all these years later I actually now prefer tull to metallica.m

And agreed regarding the oscars. Get Out was actually nominated for picture. It was OK, definitely different. But movie of the year??

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Funny thing is all these years later I actually now prefer tull to metallica.m

And agreed regarding the oscars. Get Out was actually nominated for picture. It was OK, definitely different. But movie of the year??

Tull and Metallica are just very different from each other, Tull is really a more accessible version of prog rock while Metallica is metal

I liked Get out, much in the same way I liked Game Night (funny movie), but Oscars? If this was 10 years ago a movie like Molly's Game would get 8 nominations, which was by far the best movie this year

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Atlanta
I haven't seen Get Out, but it seems like every other website I visit has the pic of the dude with the tear from Get Out. Why is this everywhere?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

It's definitely changed. The awards aren't about who deserves it for actually doing well in whatever category, but it largely seems based upon who they think is deserving in the political sense. For example, there was zero chance Dunkirk would win best picture just given the topic and who was in it. It's not culturally hip or weird, so it couldn't win.

Without getting too political, listening to the Hollywood hypocrites is nauseating. Nearly every single issue they stand against or up for are things that demonstrate their hypocrisy and it drives me nuts.

New season starts April 25, I believe.

Awesome, I can catch that after the new season of Silicon Valley.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad