Our 1st line: Palat-Johnson-Kucherov

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Hopefully TJ isn't hurt.

If only Kucherov was the one wearing 27, would be quite easy to come up with a good name revolving around 9.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Breaking this line up due to injury will allow us to mix up some other combos and maybe get Stammer going. I'd like to see this line stay together though.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Maybe it's just me but I saw instantaneous chemistry between Palat and Callahan once the lines were changed.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Just checked the league leaders in points at 5 on 5 and it seems the triplets line is legitimately one of, if not the best line at even strength in the whole league.

They combined a league leading 47 points +30 while facing toughest competition on the team, (in short a shutdown line). The only line that seems to come close to the triplets is NSH's Ribeiro-Forsberg-Neal line with 43 points +41 (!). The NSH line has better +/- ratings but they're sheltered and the defenseman they spend the most time with is Shea frigging Weber when the triplets put up with Matt frigging Carle by a wide margin. Last but not least the triplets line blows NSH's line out of water in terms of possession despite a similar offensive zone start %.

Enjoy.

BohemianRhandomly

Nov 3, 2014
Section 128
Just checked the league leaders in points at 5 on 5 and it seems the triplets line is legitimately one of, if not the best line at even strength in the whole league.

They combined a league leading 47 points +30 while facing toughest competition on the team, (in short a shutdown line). The only line that seems to come close to the triplets is NSH's Ribeiro-Forsberg-Neal line with 43 points +41 (!). The NSH line has better +/- ratings but they're sheltered and the defenseman they spend the most time with is Shea frigging Weber when the triplets put up with Matt frigging Carle by a wide margin. Last but not least the triplets line blows NSH's line out of water in terms of possession despite a similar offensive zone start %.

Which is exactly why Cooper shouldn't touch this line. In no way should he break it up just to 'get Stamkos going'. Stammer is fourth in the league as far as points go - what needs to be corrected? He's turned a little streaky lately, sure, but he's still managing to put up pretty impressive numbers despite this. It wouldn't make much sense to destroy such a powerful second line in order to fix something that really isn't broken.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

Enjoy.

Craziest thing? That line didn't come together until like game 7. I'm glad the stats back up the eye test though - those three are a perfect fit, and I agree with the above poster - should not be touched.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Which is exactly why Cooper shouldn't touch this line. In no way should he break it up just to 'get Stamkos going'. Stammer is fourth in the league as far as points go - what needs to be corrected? He's turned a little streaky lately, sure, but he's still managing to put up pretty impressive numbers despite this. It wouldn't make much sense to destroy such a powerful second line in order to fix something that really isn't broken.

To be honest. I stopped referring to Stamkos as our top line center. Triplets have surpassed every line he's been on so far.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Ranger fans were complaining that Kuch should have been penalized on that goal. No idea what they're seeing.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Ranger fans were complaining that Kuch should have been penalized on that goal. No idea what they're seeing.

It was one Ranger fan. That's not a fanbase you can paint with a broad brush.

Edit: Also, from the looks of it, they've never seen a forecheck before, so it's probably confusing when someone just comes in and takes the puck like that. It's like a whole "I didn't think you could do that?!" type of thing.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Edit: Also, from the looks of it, they've never seen a forecheck before, so it's probably confusing when someone just comes in and takes the puck like that. It's like a whole "I didn't think you could do that?!" type of thing.

There's another guy that says the Rangers have a better team but worse goalie :shakehead

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

You're right, should have kept that singular.

Can't believe how delusional some of them are. They have the better team, clearly....

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
You guys should not get so worked up with what Rangers fans are saying. They are salty, bitter, and upset who just saw themselves get swept. Trust me, I learned the hard way.

When they start bashing Henrik Lundqvist you know it's time to just move on, lol.

I honestly feel they just gave us this win and the sweep. Not intentionally of course. They had us in the 2nd period and just fell apart. Not to take away credit from Tampa, but they were ripe to beaten by the 3rd period. I understand why they are so upset, I would be also. There was a lot of emotions running wild in these 3 games.

Also, we still need to work on our 2nd periods.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
They think their forward group is better than ours LOL we have 5 guys with 20 points or more they have what 2?

It's just the one guy atm, but there's pretty wide variance of Rangers fan opinions, ranging (lol) from brutal overreactions to other mind-bogglingly sincere opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad