OT: Ottawa's version of Maple Leafs Square

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Also, there building location is horrid! They could build something but it would be on an empty field with no way to walk there behind the rink.

It's pretty awful. If you don't want to waste gas, it's a 40-minute bus ride each way. And if you don't sprint out of your seat as soon as the final buzzer sounds, you're waiting around for another 30 mins for an available bus, often in subzero temperatures. It's such a hassle. No wonder they have to package their games with free McDonalds.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
I would laugh but it's actually a good idea- watching the game outdoors with a small group of friends. If random people show up at least you got front row or close. Plus there is a guy in a wheel chair watching so just let them be.

My 2nd year of college was the season after the full year lockout. We put a 50" TV in our residence courtyard to watch the first game. It was great.

canadiancreed

Exiled from paradise
Nov 10, 2010
Canadas Black Hole
Hell get a cooler of beer in the centre and that'd be a great way to enjoy the game this time of year. Better then driving off to the hinterland that is Stittsville at least (why they didn't put the arena in Lebreton Flats I'll never know)

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Looks like they came up with a nifty music video too. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=tHIDzelRMq0
markey_mark_wtf.gif

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Such a cheesy franchise.

(Yes, I know the team didn't make this video, but still)

EDDIE20*

Speaking of cheesy, I wonder how long til Melnyk busts out the 'Scotiabank Pledge" to try to rally other fanbases to cheer for his team?

EDDIE20*

I'll give you one thing though, Ottawa fans are sure preoccupied with the Leafs, much more so than their own team. There are a lot of Leaf fans in Ottawa and it really rubs Sens fans the wrong way. Here's an example from the Ottawa Sun letters section printed today:

‘Stupid’ Leafs fans

The Leafs fans are to blame 100% for the reason the Leafs have not won a Stanley Cup since 1967.

Since the Ballard years and on, regardless of the talent management put on the ice, Leafs fans sold out the rink every night and paid outrageous ticket prices.

As a result management knew they could get sub par talent yet rake in the money because fans would pay the ticket prices.

To this day, that is still 100% true.

There is thing called loyalty but there is also stupidity on the fans part. Sens fans are smarter.

They expect their team to constantly improve yet they are loyal but not stupid.

— Brian U’Ren, Lyndhurst

And here's a Leaf fan pushing back, printed in the same issue:

Forensic audit

I read with great amusement Lorrie Ebersole’s letter condemning Ottawa residents who cheer for the Leafs.

Ebersole resides in Calgary and cheers for the Sens, yet chastises Ottawa residents, many of whom (like myself) are not originally from Ottawa. Does anyone else see the irony in this?

I have been a Leafs fan well before Erik Karlsson was a gleam in his father’s eye.

I see no reason to change, despite Toronto’s performance in this year’s playoffs. Then again, I don’t recall the Sens getting it done when it mattered either.

Might I suggest Ebersole get in touch with Eugene Melnyk. Perhaps he can instruct his forensic team to investigate the matter.

— Marc Roy, Ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad