GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Montreal has a poor defense but they have a very good attack. Could be a tight one tonight, plus Montembeau was spectacular against the Leafs making 47 saves and getting the shutout.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm not too worried at Greig on the 4th line. Green obviously beliefs in the player by starting him in the top 6. Injuries sadly will happen and Greig will be up the lineup again.

Gives an opportunity to see how Gregor's speed works in the top 6, he looked good in pre season could he be the next Michael Grabner? probably not but u never know till u try it.

Last edited:

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
I thought Greig looked a little lost last game, not sure if it's cause he's used to being centre vs. on the wing. Hopefully looks better back in the C position. Not sure if I love Gregor in the top 6, but can see how it goes, don't want to move Perron off the line with Pinto at this point.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
They only have 4 C's with Gaudette scratched for MacEwen so I guess the only corresponding move is Greig to fourth line. Pretty disappointing.

Yeah it's a dumb move imo. No need to adjust lines this much just for the lowly Habs. More chances this will just mess with the chemistry than protect anyone from a dirty hit.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I thought Gregor has looked great in pre season and game 1. He’s also a natural winger unlike Greg. Don’t mind giving him a look on line 2.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
They only have 4 C's with Gaudette scratched for MacEwen so I guess the only corresponding move is Greig to fourth line. Pretty disappointing.
Not sure I get it

What macewen there for? To be a punching bag if XheKaj throws a cheap shot.

You can get any player to spear someone if Xekaj decides to do something really bad.

I didn’t love that fourth line against panthers but I haven’t seen any numbers yet.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
It's Montreal. I guess Hamonic gets another chance to show he can compete after Florida.

I think it's clear against skilled, heavy, fast forecheck contenders Hamonic struggles. I wouldn't say that describes Montreal. We have a new coach who I guess wants to see players play against a variety of competition. Tonight he'll see how Hamonic does against lesser competition.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Timmy with a hat trick and Grieg plowing Dach into the boards would really piss Montreal fans off.

Our 3rd line looks pretty stacked.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens had a weakness at 4C and at 3RD since before training camp. It hasn't been solved. The RD PTO went to a real fringe prospect type in Addison when there were others to consider. I don't mind Gaudette as a player but he would not be my choice at 4C on that line.

What do we want in an RD... Experience, Capable and consistent defensively.. Able to offer Kleven some sheltering while he gets his bearings and can move the puck.

There is at least one vet D still sitting there that imo would improve on JBD and Hamonic. Its early , we will see how it goes.

Moving Greig down there will certainly help he is a C and a much better one ; Only issue is he belongs in the top 9 for sure , no question.

The 2nd line did not do much vs the Panthers.. Norris 1st real game in a long time, Greig on a new line on the wing . Like last year Norris is getting the nod over Greig .. likely close to 8m reasons why. Again early and we will see how it shakes out. I hope Greig doesn't remain a fixture there.

Reactions: Burrowsaurus

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Glad to see Gaudette out of the lineup & MacEwan in, Mac is much more engaged in the game than Gaudette who plays a perimeter game. Gregor is fast, experienced & good defensively & maybe he jells with Norris & Batherson, we'll see. Greig is a versatile player who can play C/LW & fast & skilled enough to play up & down the lineup. I think Green is going to depend on him a lot this season to fill in where needed. I assume Ullmark will start again tonight, at least I hope so.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Timmy with a hat trick and Grieg plowing Dach into the boards would really piss Montreal fans off.

Our 3rd line looks pretty stacked.
It’s our third line on paper but honestly I think it’s better then our second line on both sides of the ice.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It’s our third line on paper but honestly I think it’s better then our second line on both sides of the ice.
Really? Pinto's great but I don't see it with the composition of that line. I thought Perron looked behind the play the entire night. I think Pinto-Amadio might be a solid duo but they'll need to figure out who else goes on that line.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
I'm not too worried at Greig on the 4th line. Green obviously beliefs in the player by starting him in the top 6. Injuries sadly will happen and Greig will be up the lineup again.

Gives an opportunity to see how Gregor's speed works in the top 6, he looked good in pre season could he be the next Michael Grabner? probably not but u never know till u try it.
Thank- you!

Counters some of the jinx statements in here haha

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Would rather see Cousins up there with Norris instead of Gregor. He seems more capable of filling in that top 6 role with his experience in Florida.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad