GDT: Ottawa Senators at Colorado Snowslides| 9PM EST | TSN5, RDS1, ESPN+ | Must win situation™ - Late Night Edition

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Yes It would have been nice to see him play at least a game or two and see.

I think he would have played good enough that they would not be able to justify sending him down. And would have to keep him up as necessity.

Maybe that is what they wanted to avoid in not even giving a game.

You can rush prospects, but it's much harder to overcook them.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Sens Found ways to lose the last 2 games.

Need a winning streak - this team is to fragile to not show progress starting next game

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Back in the basement. Last in the division.
That Vegas loss was a big gut blow.
Just one game but that was a huge missed opportunity.

Need Ullmark pinto zub and perron back.
Like of all the players to be missing. Why does it always end up being the most important? (Toi I guess)

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Back in the basement. Last in the division.
That Vegas loss was a big gut blow.
Just one game but that was a huge missed opportunity.

Need Ullmark pinto zub and perron back.
Like of all the players to be missing. Why does it always end up being the most important? (Toi I guess)
Well we’re about to play a team that is missing their 1C (Thomas) and top-4 dman (Krug). Can’t imagine what the excuses will be if we lose that one.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Not having zub hurts.... but this team has to figure out how to be responsible for the entirety of games in their own zone.

If they can't manage that, it doesn't matter how many goals they score or who they have in net. They won't be going anywhere.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Matthew Tkachuk doing everything he can to change the reputation of the Tkachuk’s are only good players in the offensive zone.

Brady Tkachuk trying to keep the reputation alive. Brady needs to find a way to play hockey with intensity without reacting to everything around him. He’s finding that very tough

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Brady is one of the problem of this team so yeah I would trade him if we miss playoff. And build are younger better player aka ( Stutzle, Sanderson, pinto, greig, Yakemchuck and Plz McKenna?)

The obivous problem we having since a long time is our bad 5vs5 . We really suck since DJ arrived at keeping possesion in Ozone and creating chances through cycle play.This kind of games takes skill and effort/workethic and it's probably missing . Our forwards are really bad at defense so if they offensively for sure it's hard to win games even with goos goaltending.

Our players are not clutch at all with the exception of Giroux/Batherson (right now). Can't kill games by scoring killer goal or by changing moment at the right moment by scoring a goal when we are behind.It's seems that this was always momebtum swing that killed this team and we still don't improvement there with green maybe they will never get it only time will tell

Don't forget, Brady and Stu are bffs. Trade one and the other will likely demand out, too. Or at least be really sour on the organization.

What we need, is a reboot in our scouting. Both amateur and pro. Focus more on hockey IQ, skating, and willingness to work and improve. Slide size down the list of priorities a few notches.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Lack of D depth hurting us again. Wonder what our W-L record is with and without Zub?

Actually, it's lack of depth in general, having Pinto last night would have stabilized our play too. This team needs close to 100% health to have a chance to compete. But that's just not going to happen in general, and especially when it comes to the Sens.

Positives:

a) Chabot had a great game. He's playing with a lot of confidence right now.

b) Giroux with another great game.

c) there is no c).

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
We are back to.... it's the injuries phase again

Great
My thoughts too

Every team has injuries I am getting really tired of the excuses. Its been 7 years, time to learn how to win or just do something different.

Personally I am very skeptical of the core, I think we’ve seen enough and they are what they are

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
Lack of D depth hurting us again. Wonder what our W-L record is with and without Zub?

Actually, it's lack of depth in general, having Pinto last night would have stabilized our play too. This team needs close to 100% health to have a chance to compete. But that's just not going to happen in general, and in particular when it comes to the Sens.

Positives:

c) there is no c).
I'd love to look for positives and blah blah but these last two games were piss offs. One they deserve to win, one they threatened to steal only to blow it. Tb fair though we had no business being in that Colorado game, I felt late on in the first that we were probably going to loose. We're playing better, sure, but nowhere near what's required to be a contender or even get into the playoffs at this point. It's frustrating to watch a team that just talks about the next step all the time but seemingly never takes it.

Reactions: Rodzilla and DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Actually, it's lack of depth in general, having Pinto last night would have stabilized our play too. This team needs close to 100% health to have a chance to compete. But that's just not going to happen in general, and especially when it comes to the Sens.

Positives:

c) there is no c).
A chance to compete.

Unpack that. On the road against two teams with cup aspirations. Both games tied in the 3rd. And we're full value for being tied in the 3rd.

We haven't been in a position for years to go into opposing barns and give them all they can handle.

Colorado had a run-in the 2nd where they dominated and got a goal that should have been blown dead. Even TSN said it was a missed call. We had the lead or tied for 55 minutes against Vegas.

We're in better shape now then we've been in in years

• Haha
Reactions: gab6511

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
A chance to compete.

Unpack that. On the road against two teams with cup aspirations. Both games tied in the 3rd. And we're full value for being tied in the 3rd.

We haven't been in a position for years to go into opposing barns and give them all they can handle.

Colorado had a run-in the 2nd where they dominated and got a goal that should have been blown dead. Even TSN said it was a missed call. We had the lead or tied for 55 minutes against Vegas.

We're in better shape now then we've been in in years

Kinda true, the focus is 100% on the players which is good. But the lack of focus and willingness to commit to something you’re historically really bad at is embarrassing.

Ottawa players should be embraased by their game yesterday. They hung around only to have the pie slammed into their face in the last 5 minutes.

I don’t think we are as bad as people say. But we’ve played 8 games and didn’t show up for 2 of them (on the road) and that’s inexcusable.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
24th in the league
+- 0 differential

That's not average that's bad
We've played the last 4 cup winners. All have cup aspirations. Were 2-2. That's not average difficulty. That's hard.

This team needs to be not out of it after 20 games, then we'll see where the season goes

Kinda true, the focus is 100% on the players which is good. But the lack of focus and willingness to commit to something you’re historically really bad at is embarrassing.

Ottawa players should be embraased by their game yesterday. They hung around only to have the pie slammed into their face in the last 5 minutes.

I don’t think we are as bad as people say. But we’ve played 8 games and didn’t show up for 2 of them (on the road) and that’s inexcusable.
Which games didn't we show up for?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We are going to play bad, much worse than we have been.

Which is why not getting points in games where we play decent is a kick to the nuts as far as any kind of playoff race is concerned.

Reactions: Melgene Eunyk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad