GDT: Ottawa Senators at Colorado Snowslides| 9PM EST | TSN5, RDS1, ESPN+ | Must win situation™ - Late Night Edition

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Giroux doesn’t have much time left and he probably wants a Cup. Brady isn’t staying with a team after missing the playoffs 7 years in a row.

I hope Brady understands him being the captain of this team that these failures are also on him and leaving Ottawa wouldn't absolve him of that.

I love the guy but his defensive effort is dogshit once again this year and he's not young enough anymore that we can excuse it.

Mookie McGee

Mar 4, 2020
We've played 8 games, 5 against teams that made the playoffs last year. Other than their games against us, they have a combined 9 more wins than losses.

We are 4-4, not great, but not bad, and have used our back up goalie in 5 games. Only red flag so far is so many minus players, but get the save percentage to 900 and some of that will clear up.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I hope Brady understands him being the captain of this team that these failures are also on him and leaving Ottawa wouldn't absolve him of that.

I love the guy but his defensive effort is dogshit once again this year and he's not young enough anymore that we can excuse it.
100%. I’m also tired of watching him whine then get frustrated after every game. It’s old and we’ve made barely any progress for years.

I want him to be a career Senator but I’m just being realistic about this. This team might just not have IT and he might start thinking that soon. He just watched his brother win a Cup while he’s on a team that hasn’t had 5 wins the month of October since we drafted him. His NMC kicks in July 1st and it wouldn’t even surprise me if we moved him before that.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Listening to Brady's postgame show he clearly understands why they lost this game and is aware he was part of the problem, so why do they keep losing their focus all the time?

Senovision

May 23, 2011
We need to play a full 60 minutes each game and then we will be more successful.
In our 8 games how many have we actually put forth a full 60 minute effort?

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
Giroux doesn’t have much time left and he probably wants a Cup. Brady isn’t staying with a team after missing the playoffs 7 years in a row.
Brady is one of the problem of this team so yeah I would trade him if we miss playoff. And build are younger better player aka ( Stutzle, Sanderson, pinto, greig, Yakemchuck and Plz McKenna?)

The obivous problem we having since a long time is our bad 5vs5 . We really suck since DJ arrived at keeping possesion in Ozone and creating chances through cycle play.This kind of games takes skill and effort/workethic and it's probably missing . Our forwards are really bad at defense so if they offensively for sure it's hard to win games even with goos goaltending.

Our players are not clutch at all with the exception of Giroux/Batherson (right now). Can't kill games by scoring killer goal or by changing moment at the right moment by scoring a goal when we are behind.It's seems that this was always momebtum swing that killed this team and we still don't improvement there with green maybe they will never get it only time will tell

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I do like Green's level of honesty in his postgame interviews. He isn't trying to put lipstick on a pig the way DJ often did. That's something I guess.

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
I will feel we will get another L vs St louis at home mainly cause of emotions/frustration as we used to after bad west road trip😂

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
"It's fine, we're only 4 points back, get on a short winning streak and we're right back in it."

"Yeah but the underlying numbers are pretty good. Only a matter of time until that translates into points."
It’s funny because the underlying numbers right now are absolute dog shit, unlike 2 years ago.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
If we miss the playoffs this year it's not about Brady not wanting to stay after 7 years of no playoffs, it's about us trying something new and trading him after 7 years of no playoffs.

Will probably be both though and I'm sure we will get a haul that will re orient this team better for the future.

Wonder what kind of players we could get though. We need another Stutzle.

What team would overpay the most?

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
Another thing is how come these losers after losing so many games in their career didnt learb to play for loser points . This game and for obvious reason the one with Vegas are suppose to be guarantee otl at least but these guys open there anus when there still 5 min to play or more with or without lead they finish the game mostly the same way. They all have rocks for brain, it start with the big head Tkcaptain.

SensFanInMTL

Apr 25, 2020
Even the guys on TSN 1200 are becoming impatient, and rightfully so. This is taking a toll on everyone.

1730090248666.png

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I wouldn’t even be mad about tonight if we could have held on against Vegas. The fact that were well in position to get points against both Vegas and Colorado late in the third, and ending up with 0, is the most frustrated I’ve been with this team in some time.

We just keep finding new creative ways to give up points.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Even the guys on TSN 1200 are becoming impatient, and rightfully so. This is taking a toll on everyone.

View attachment 922706

This guys hockey sense shown through compared to most of our roster even our 8m stars.

I wonder how this team would look with him up, but at the same time keeping him from this shit show until he is better equipped to handle it is for the best. The team is currently 2 more losses from becoming incredibly negative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad