News Article: Ottawa Senators: 2013 NHL Draft War Room

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
THW's Eastern hockey bird dog E-Mac looks at an alternative perspective for the Sens at the 2013 NHL Draft table.

Looks at the following elements:
Major Needs
Likely Draft Positions and Potential Picks
The Major Team Decision Makers
The Big Club – Current Roster
Top 10 Prospects
The Last Three Drafts

Link to full article

Comments and constructive criticism expected and wanted...
___

*2013 NHL Draft Prospect Index
**2013 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones
***2013 NHL Draft Rankings: The Next Ones Final Top 210

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I'd like Remi Elie in the 4th round.

I remember him playing for (I believe) the Minor Midget Eastern Ontario Wild? Don't quote me on that. I believe he was one of the best at the combines.

Berserker*

I would be in support of some of those depth picks. I like Matt Buckles at pick 78, Tyler Hill at pick 102 and Remi Ellie at pick 108.

Aside from that, in the first round I would add Kerby Rychel to your list and in the 5th-7th rounds I would add Jamal Watson, Carter Rigby, JC Lipon, Tyrell Goulborune, Gustav Rydahl, Jaimen Yakubowski and Jacob Doty to your list.

Berserker*

I'd like Remi Elie in the 4th round.

I remember him playing for (I believe) the Minor Midget Eastern Ontario Wild? Don't quote me on that. I believe he was one of the best at the combines.

What kind of upside does Ellie have? Is he purely a bottom sixer or does he have top six potential?

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
Spelling mistakes lose credibility with me

Sorry.

Neil has already been fixed - it was updated on one review, but for some reason web page was behind (cache reasons).

Jakob Silfverberg update also didn't take for the same reason.

Did you see others?

Note: After going through a heck of a weekend in Calgary due to the flood, my editing skills might not be top notch these days, so I do apologize.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Note: After going through a heck of a weekend in Calgary due to the flood, my editing skills might not be top notch these days, so I do apologize.

Fair enough, I certainly do appreciate the hard work it takes to do this sort of thing for Sens fans. All the best in the future.

:)

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
What kind of upside does Ellie have? Is he purely a bottom sixer or does he have top six potential?
At this point, I wouldn't expect anything more than a bottom 6 grinder type player.

I have a fuzzy memory of him when he played in Minor Midget, but I do believe he's got decent speed.

Milan the God*

I really hope we go boom/bust.

We have plenty of depth in the organization. If the pick turns out to be a bust, it's not the end of the world.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Frederick Gauthier would be a boom or bust type player, he already seems to be a very good two way player & had a decent offensive season. He's good at faceoffs something the Sens need to be better at, has good size & has the potential to develop into a decent offensive player or better. He has the size to start on the 4th line now & over time can move up the depth chart. IMO he would be a very good pick at 17th.

Last edited:

R2010

May 23, 2011
Frederick Gauthier would be a boom or bust type player, he already seems to be a very good two way player & had a decent offensive season. He's good at faceoffs something the Sens need to be better at, has good size & has the potential to develop into a decent offensive player or better. He has the size to start on the 4th line now & over time can move up the depth chart. IMO he would be a very good pick at 17th.

Gauthier wouldn't be a boom or bust. He would be either good or very good. I'd say he's as safe as pick as anyone outside the Top 10 to be an impact player in the NHL in one regard. He was a monster at the U18... I can't even imagine what our development team could turn a guy with that much size, speed and hockey sense into. Especially now that his jaw issues are past him (for those of you wondering - he broke his jaw and only missed 6 games last year)

Berserker*

At this point, I wouldn't expect anything more than a bottom 6 grinder type player.

I have a fuzzy memory of him when he played in Minor Midget, but I do believe he's got decent speed.

I have read from a few scouting reports that Ellie has some untapped upside and may even have the potential to become a fairly high end power forward (at the OHL level). I wonder how credible those reports were and whether there are is any validity to such claims.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Gauthier's boom is a 3rd line center.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i legitimately see gauthier putting up 90-100 pts in the Q next season. People forget that this was his rookie season in the Q.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad