Proposal: Ottawa - New Jersey (Tkachuk, Holtz)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HITMAN88

Jun 29, 2011
Sandanski
Along with Barkov, Brady is my favorite player and I would love to see him play for the Devils, but man, thats not enough for him..not even close I think.

Reactions: bert

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Would I want Brady Tkachuk on my team? Yes.

Do I think he's quickly become one of the most over-rated players? Also yes. If he wants out, that's a pretty solid package

(IF is a big question)

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If Ottawa loses Tkachuk it would be crushing unless the return is tremendous. Even with their very good pool of young players. He is and is gonna be a beast for at least the next 6/7/8 years.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’d say the values us close actually but Ottawa values Tkachuk even more than the package and declines . I’d love Tkachuk on the Devils but not for what it would cost . I’d add Bratt in ( most devils fans wouldn’t but I don’t think he is a core piece moving forward )

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
why wouldn't OTT ask/want one of those for BT?

now from NY pov, you wanna add to those on your own roster to build for the future, but if you want BT it's gonna sting
Which is why the OP wasn't enough for Ottawa and Devils fans said they wouldn't want to pay what it would take. Seems like a good stopping point for a thread.

I'd hope you've seen enough of these to know going any further than that point leads to nothing but shitting on other teams player while still trying to get them on your own team.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not even close for Tkachuk.

Give them a reason to say yes. It would require Hischier or Jack Hughes imo.

No way you trade a 22 year old proven power forward for a prospect and a 1st. A 22 year old with 4 more RFA years of control. Prospects are picks are worth a lot but I feel some think they are gold and worth proven young NHL players under team control.

Is anybody going to say "The Devils overrate their prospects" :sarcasm:

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I’d put together a rich futures package—adding to OP—but 13+86 are going nowhere.

I get why that would be the demand, but.. nah.

The Sens and Devils are terrible trading partners. Both want to trend up with their core, and their core players are not for sale.

If the Devils want Tkachuk, gotta trade a core player for a core player.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Easy pass if I’m Ottawa. That’s an unbalanced trade and doesn’t make Ottawa better. Makes them worse at well below 100 cents on the dollar for trading away Tkachuk.
Depends on where the 2022 first is. Holts was a #7 overall and a top 5 2022 pick could potentially be better than Tkachuk . Yes Tkachuk is a damn good young player that plays the game that you want to have all your players play but ... to say that Holtz plus the pick is not even in the same stratosphere is getting a little crazy.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
He’s worth a lot more than Mercer lol
For now yup. Give it a couple years and revisit. Id say it could be a lot close in value than you are making it out to be.
One for one right now no Mercer is not enough alone of course but is a good foundation for a trade offer.
I don't think the devils would want to offer Mercer + + as Mercer has the potential to be a very well rounded player himself.

Easy pass if I’m Ottawa. That’s an unbalanced trade and doesn’t make Ottawa better. Makes them worse at well below 100 cents on the dollar for trading away Tkachuk.
Very glad you know already how good Holtz and whoever the pick is will be.
At this very moment , no a draft pick is probably not as effective as a player on the ice. Hot take there.

Which is why the OP wasn't enough for Ottawa and Devils fans said they wouldn't want to pay what it would take. Seems like a good stopping point for a thread.

I'd hope you've seen enough of these to know going any further than that point leads to nothing but shitting on other teams player while still trying to get them on your own team.
This . Devils would not want to pay what Ottawa fans are saying it would take. Yes Tkachuk is worth more than Mercer but me personally i dont think I would trade Mercer with an add of Tkachuk. Too much potential with Mercer and even Holtz to warrant giving up huge additions with one of those two.
And no Nico and Hughes would not be an option .

Last edited by a moderator:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
As offered it's a start but nowhere close. If the Devils threw in Ty Smith, Ottawa might consider it.

NJ is not ready to make this splash quite yet. In a year or two when their prospects start to blossom and we get expendable depth a big name forward just entering his prime would be a good add. But right now NJ can't afford to give up quality nor quantity, they barely have enough of both. They should only be looking for hockey trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad