Proposal: Ottawa-Edmonton (Karlsson)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
3 years of Karlsson wont buy u a career of McDavid, sorry sens fans.

6 years of subban was gonna get Hall, Pulji and Yakupov/klefbom or so
3 years of Karlsson gets you RNH, Pulji and a decent prospect.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
OP deserves everything he gets here...
McDavid goes the other way and this comes from an Oilers fan.
Kill this thread plz

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The Sens have not lost a player to FA who they wanted to keep in years.

You mean besides Daniel Alfredsson? Beyond that, there was the Spezza trade, the Lehner deal, and Zibanejad for Brassard just this summer. Ottawa has had to make a move almost annually based on their limited finances and/or appeal as a market.

And, as a matter of fact, the Oilers are in a much, much worse position to give Karlsson "one of the largest contracts" in NHL history than the Sens are. Idiotic proposal.

Sure, but the window is now- not three years from now. Karlsson could walk as a UFA that summer and it would be a win for Edmonton if they took home the Cup at any point during his tenure.

...WTF are you talking about here... :huh:

McDavid or GTFO if you want Karlsson

MOD: please close that **** up... this aint gonna go nowhere

If Sens fans want to name-call this thread into extinction, that's there prerogative. But I will caution that that says more about their fan base and the plausibility of the original scenario than it does my proposal.

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
3 years of Karlsson wont buy u a career of McDavid, sorry sens fans.

6 years of subban was gonna get Hall, Pulji and Yakupov/klefbom or so
3 years of Karlsson gets you RNH, Pulji and a decent prospect.

We don't expect 3 years of Karlsson to buy McDavid, we just don't want anything else, thus Karlsson to Edmonton is a non-starter.

or;

RNH, Pulji and a B prospect don't buy u(sic) a Karlsson, sorry oil fans.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
We don't expect 3 years of Karlsson to buy McDavid, we just don't want anything else, thus Karlsson to Edmonton is a non-starter.

or;

RNH, Pulji and a B prospect don't buy u(sic) a Karlsson, sorry oil fans.

It most likely does. 3 years of Karlsson aint worth more than 6 years of Subban.

thedoughboy

Feb 22, 2015
Tinyest of the fifty
I never said there were, but ownership's history speaks volumes. The team must nickle and dime to survive; Karlsson has been the exception so far, but he's about to be due one of the largest contracts ever handed out in the NHL. I wouldn't bet on the Sens being the team to bankroll that sort of investment.

His value would be higher 2-3 years out, not the season he is due to be a UFA. That should be fairly obvious.

I never said Karlsson would stay, nor did I say they'd be able to afford the extension either. This trade would be all about the next three years when the Oilers still have a decent amount of cap room to play with. After that, it's going to be very difficult financially to ice a contender year-in year-out.

Thats actually exactly what you are speculating/insinuating in your last comment. using that as your basis for this whole thread.

I was talking about his contract, not his value. That should be fairly obvious.

Again you were insinuating karlsson not wanting to stay because ottawa doesn't spend money bringing in free agents. something you neglect to notice is the fact hey still keep the players they like, all of them. turris, methot, macarthur, ryan, hell they brought in dion didn't they? It's an asinine trade proposal.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Sens obviously counter with McDavid.

Maybe the only other package that would be considered is Puljujarvi, Draisaitl and Larsson together and some picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad