Proposal: Ottawa / Detroit

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Wings should say no. If Tkachuk was a 1C and not a 1W, then perhaps, at least, in theory. 1st line wingers are never as important as 1st line centers or top pair D. I was a Leafs fan during the Kessel years. I had to learn the hard way. Detroit could make a counter-offer involving Stutzle, but based on their roster, they need their 1D more than they need to add a 1C.

Reactions: Yakupov64

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Wings should say no. If Tkachuk was a 1C and not a 1W, then perhaps, at least, in theory. 1st line wingers are never as important as 1st line centers or top pair D. I was a Leafs fan during the Kessel years. I had to learn the hard way. Detroit could make a counter-offer involving Stutzle, but based on their roster, they need their 1D more than they need to add a 1C.
Mo is likely a 40-50 point guy with an edge. Valuable for sure but Brady is a unicorn with DNA built for the playoffs, he's a guy with all his intangibles, gives him value above a winger imo. Add in Chychrun as well makes the wings the winner imo.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Mo is likely a 40-50 point guy with an edge. Valuable for sure but Brady is a unicorn with DNA built for the playoffs, he's a guy with all his intangibles, gives him value above a winger imo. Add in Chychrun as well makes the wings the winner imo.
Seider is a 1D, regardless of how many points he puts up. Can't see a team trading a 1D for a unicorn winger. MAYBE if the team has two 1D and trades one of them. Still very questionable IMO and probably still doesn't happen.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Seider is a 1D, regardless of how many points he puts up. Can't see a team trading a 1D for a unicorn winger. MAYBE if the team has two 1D and trades one of them. Still very questionable IMO and probably still doesn't happen.
For sure he's a #1D and a good one but I do think he got over hyped offensively after his rookie season.
Wingers even the best aren't as valuable but adding Chychrun puts it over just based on Value.
But I guess unless there's a feeling Edvinson can be a #1, it wouldn't make sense.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Ottawa receives: Moritz Seider

Detroit receives: Brady Tkachuk and Jakob Chychrun
Great value, probably one of the only ways I even think about moving Seider... But I'll pass. Tkachuk is a special player and Chychrun would really help ease the blow of losing Seider. Seider is too valuable to the Wings though. We can't trade him.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I think the value is enough for the Wings to think about it, but they say no. Oddly, I think id prefer Tkachuk and Chychrun than Seider, so it must be a good deal.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Wings would be much better off pursuing a free agent than to part ways with their Chris Pronger-lite.

We hear it all the time, defensemen and centres are more highly regarded than wingers. Now add in the fact that Seider is a right shot, it skews it even more.

I think there’s a lot better options for Wings to fill out their offense than this.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Brady did take 380 faceoffs,
But Senators would easily pass on the proposal.

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
Honestly, not a bad proposal, but I wouldn’t even think of trading Seider unless it’s for a top 10 center and someone who is under 25.

Yzerman definitely wouldn’t consider this until he knows what Edvinsson and ASP become. So this trade probably wouldn’t even come to fruition for another 2-3 years.

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
To all the Detroit fans who want a center, nothing stopping you from talking to stl and getting Thomas involved with tkachuk as part of a three team trade. But I’m not doing the framework for that whole deal

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
To all the Detroit fans who want a center, nothing stopping you from talking to stl and getting Thomas involved with tkachuk as part of a three team trade. But I’m not doing the framework for that whole deal
And nothing is stopping them from cutting out Ottawa completely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad