Rumor: Ottawa and Montreal talking 7th overall pick for Anderson and Dvorak

Status
Not open for further replies.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Anderson’s been bad for 3 years. There’s no bounce back coming. Even with a bounce back that contract is not going to age well

What are you talking about? In what world has he been bad? He's a big speedy forward who scored at 27 goal pace his first year in Montreal and 22-goal pace this past year, during a dumpster fire of a season for the team.

The year before that he scored just 1 goals in 26 games during a season shut down by injury.

You missed the bounce back. It happened two years ago.

Anderson+ Dvorak combined do not get a top 10 pick. Both are considered cap dumps.

You would have to be an absolute moron to think either of those players are cap dumps.

Last edited:

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Assumimg it's Dvorak+Anderson for 7th+Murray, seems like an easy yes for the Habs.
A deal like that would probably result in Dorian getting the ax. Anderson at this point assuming he can stay healthy is at best a middle-six winger probably closer to a 3rd line winger on a deep team. Dvorak is another middle-six forward who would probably be better suited on the 3rd line. Dvorak just doesn't have a lot of offense in his (career year was 38 points). Normally when you are drafting in the top 10 you are expecting to get a top-line player/starter goalie. So the only way making this deal makes sense for Ottawa is if they believe the remaining players on the board at the draft have at best second-line potential and given who is likely to be available at 7th I don't know if that would be the case.

The other problem that this "deal" would create is what is Montreal going to put on the ice next season? The last thing they need to be doing during a rebuild is rushing their younger players into the roster before they are ready.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The other problem that this "deal" would create is what is Montreal going to put on the ice next season? The last thing they need to be doing during a rebuild is rushing their younger players into the roster before they are ready.

Assuming they get Wright, they have plenty of Cs for a rebuilding year...

Suzuki-Wright-Evans-Pitlick-Poeling... And I assume they'll get a 4th line C veteran on the cheap like they always do for Laval/injuries.

They have also a plethora of veterans winger...

Gallagher, Byron, Drouin, Armia, Hoffman...

And I'm not talking about the youngsters (Caufield, Pezzeta, Ylonen).

The main thing this roster needs a veteran RD, especially if Petry is gone.

Savard, Wideman, Barron, then... Harris on his offside?

It is pretty bare.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
lmao, Anderson has been sub 0.5 points per game every season except one. No amount of height will make him a top 6 player.

There is some amount of height and it's in the form of his intangibles, he can open up the play for guys like Stutzle and Norris who aren't good enough to create space themselves. The guys a gamer, he's a dying breed.

And of course Dvo will take off a lot of defensive pressure from your top 6 centers while also being able to fill in for that 2C role when needed.

Win/win for both teams.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
There is some amount of height and it's in the form of his intangibles, he can open up the play for guys like Stutzle and Norris who aren't good enough to create space themselves. The guys a gamer, he's a dying breed.

And of course Dvo will take off a lot of defensive pressure from your top 6 centers while also being able to fill in for that 2C role when needed.

Win/win for both teams.
Absolutely not, Anderson is overpaid and everyone knows it, Dvorak doesn't move the needle either.

This is terrible value for Ottawa, simply put.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Anderson+ Dvorak combined do not get a top 10 pick. Both are considered cap dumps.
I guess you don't know what a cap dump is.
If this trade happens you'll probably be the first one to go on about how good Anderson is and how the Habs got ripped.

Reactions: viceroy

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Good thing you're getting a legit top 6 winger along with a middle 6 center then.
Ottawa doesn't need a center. Dvorak is redundant on that team barring injury.

And Anderson is too inconsistent to be the guy who ottawa adds to take the next step.

None of this makes any sense for the senators.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That seems like a really ill-advised use of the 7th overall pick. I know this isn't a super strong draft, but that's largely just in terms of the prospective #1 pick being an obvious "Franchise Talent" or not. The 7th pick doesn't seem appreciably better or worse than the average year.

Not only that, unless Murray is actually going the other way...it'd be Ottawa eating up their advantageous Cap Space assets on top of it all. :laugh:

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Habs fan, I like Anderson and think Dvorak could bounce back next year, but MTL needs turnover and cap space to open up room for Hughes to make some moves. I'd do it.

I would love to see Suzuki-Wright-Dvorak as our top 3 centres however.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Ottawa doesn't need a center. Dvorak is redundant on that team barring injury.

And Anderson is too inconsistent to be the guy who ottawa adds to take the next step.

None of this makes any sense for the senators.

It's a win-win if Anderson can slot into your top 6 with ease, and he can. He might be inconsistent on the scoreboard but if he can open up the ice for your center and winter like he did with Suzuki and Caufield then who cares. He can skate well, has size and isn't afraid to drive towards the net.

Dvorak on 3C is a great add for the sens, they have on one remotely as good.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The fact every Sens fan is against this lets you know its gonna happen

This is what I was thinking.

If this rumor was about the Red Wings or a similarly run team, I would say there's no way. But Dorion's Senators ? Sure, could happen. It'd be terrible for he Sens, but when's that stopped Dorion ?

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Who will protect Habs smaller players? Pezzetta? Or cycle along the boards? Or win a faceoff? If Montréal trades both + Petry, they are in serious tank mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad