Proposal: Ottawa-Anaheim

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Mathieu Joseph and 2024 2nd rounder with the condition of becoming a first if the Senators make it the Conference Finals for Max Jones?
Take out Jones and it’s close. I probably still wouldn’t do it because we already have Brock McGinn as an overpaid 4th liner for multiple years.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
The Senators should just keep Mathieu Joseph and the pick.

Jones isn’t that good anyway as it’s not worth giving up draft capital and a decent 4th liner for Jones who doesn’t fit into Ottawa’s top 9.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The Senators should just keep Mathieu Joseph and the pick.

Jones isn’t that good anyway as it’s not worth giving up draft capital and a decent 4th liner for Jones who doesn’t fit into Ottawa’s top 9.
I think Jones is a beast and has a lot ofpoyential. Unfortunately I also think he's injury-prone now and that's a very bad quality.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
I think Jones is a beast and has a lot ofpoyential. Unfortunately I also think he's injury-prone now and that's a very bad quality.
Jones is just too inconsistent to be counted on as a point scoring forward as he doesn’t shoot enough and is often more worried about hitting his opponents which causes him to take unnecessary penalties and could also cause him to get injured in the future as Jones plays beyond his limitations in certain instances.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Mathieu Joseph and 2024 2nd rounder with the condition of becoming a first if the Senators make it the Conference Finals for Max Jones?
I think the value is alright... Jones has potential.... and seems like he prob the type of guy PV wants in our bottom 6. Idk that i care about picks outside of 1st anymore... our pool is full with those types of players.

I think id prob pass, mostly due to Mcginn

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I think the value is alright... Jones has potential.... and seems like he prob the type of guy PV wants in our bottom 6. Idk that i care about picks outside of 1st anymore... our pool is full with those types of players.

I think id prob pass, mostly due to Mcginn

draft pick fatigue eh? :sarcasm:

i'd be willing to trade you one erik karlsson for five 2nd rd picks, that way u can keep the 1st

p.s. sens fans ((Erik Karlsson-!!!!)) u know u want him

Grinner

May 31, 2022

i'd be willing to trade you one erik karlsson for five 2nd rd picks, that way u can keep the 1st

Tristan Luneau was a 2nd rounder. Just saying

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I just think were closer to the point where we should be using draft capital to improve the roster

Got 6 picks in first 3 rounds again... prior to moving a guy like Henrique. The type of stuff we need now is going to come from trades for nhl players, or another higher pick.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If i read it properly, we could waive Joseph and save something like 1.15 million? Yeah, let's do that and not give picks away like candy. And if someone claims him, shit happens. If no one does, he's nice depth.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think we can get away with it personally. That would give us almost 2 mil for pinto, wouldn't it?
1.15 mill max, unless we run 20 players max, but even then that's 1.95 mill max for pinto.
1691206300039.png

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
In the current climate, just don’t see how Anaheim would have to include anything. If the Sens could move Joseph, they could add a couple of solid bottom 6 UFAs. Heinen and Ritchie, or Gagner. 2 of those 3 would be well worth getting rid of Joseph at this point.

Speaking of Joseph, he’s not atrocious or anything. It’s consistency that drives you nuts with him. You’ll watch him play a good game and then won’t even notice him for the next 3-4 games.

Reactions: Bjornar Moxnes

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I think we can get away with it personally. That would give us almost 2 mil for pinto, wouldn't it?
Jack McBain just signed a 2yr, 1.6mil contract. He had as many EVP's as Pinto and over 300 hits.

People are way over-estimating how much it will cost to sign Pinto. If Norris or Forsberg start on IR, we are basically set. If not, we just need to waive Joseph, as you said, and go 11 + 7 for a bit. Not ideal but makes wayyyy more sense than giving up one of our few valuable futures just to get rid of Joseph.... a guy who we will easily be able to fit moving forward beyond this season.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Jack McBain just signed a 2yr, 1.6mil contract. He had as many EVP's as Pinto and over 300 hits.

People are way over-estimating how much it will cost to sign Pinto. If Norris or Forsberg start on IR, we are basically set. If not, we just need to waive Joseph, as you said, and go 11 + 7 for a bit. Not ideal but makes wayyyy more sense than giving up one of our few valuable futures just to get rid of Joseph.... a guy who we will easily be able to fit moving forward beyond this season.
We can go 12+7 if we waive Joseph. Only we need to sign Pinto to 1.15 max.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
We can go 12+7 if we waive Joseph. Only we need to sign Pinto to 1.15 max.
Yeah, I think that will be tough but I think we can get him at 1yr 1.5ish. Either way, I think its something we can manage with some short-term sacrifice. If this is a real playoff team, an inconvenience like that shouldn't make a difference imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad