Proposal: Ottawa - Anaheim

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Simple proposal.

To Ottawa:
Anthony Stolarz, 1yr remaining @ 950k, UFA 2023

To Anaheim:
Filip Gustavsson, 1yr remaining @ 787k, RFA 2023

I contemplated adding a 3rd from Ottawa and a 5th from Anaheim but figured I would keep it simple and let the crowd refine & correct.

Who says no?

• Wow
Reactions: Neiler

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Are you drunk?

Are you comfortable going into next season with a duo of Murray/Gustavsson or Forsberg/Gustavsson? Because, if not, Gustavsson will need to go on waivers anyways. I'd actually be surprised if he doesnt go on waivers next season.

I don't think you have any idea what type of player Stolarz is, I am pretty sure he would return more than Gustavsson on the open market. Gus really doesn't have a lot of value and we cant go into another season with uncertainty in net. Stolarz is an NHL goalie, Gustavsson may not be.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Anaheim says no. Gibson has a track record of not being able to play, and what he’s doing in Ottawa at 3.69 GAA isn’t going to change in Anaheim

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Anaheim says no. Gibson has a track record of not being able to play, and what he’s doing in Ottawa at 3.69 GAA isn’t going to change in Anaheim
Goose has been hung out to dry, he played at a time when all our goalies were getting lit up. Had a great stretch last season.

That said, I am mostly in agreement with you and kinda suspected from the beginning that Anaheim wouldnt do this. Gustavsson has a good shot at being an NHL goalie IMO but he might not be ready to be a good one next season. I could see him following a Husso-like path (although probably not as good): bad first season as the designated backup, but a good 2nd one. Sens just cant afford that right now. I guess the Ducks are in a similar position.
Just fan perception of his body language, and it’s been reported he’s pulled himself out of games when the team was losing by a few goals. (Rather than it being the decision of the coach)
Thanks for the response.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Just fan perception of his body language, and it’s been reported he’s pulled himself out of games when the team was losing by a few goals. (Rather than it being the decision of the coach)
pretty certain him pulling himself from games isn't true, just what people on the ducks board think is happening. since everyone there is an expert at reading body language

Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
why does Anaheim do this...

I thought maybe the allure of a younger goaltender with RFA expiry would catch some eyes. As said, my original thought was Goose + 3rd for Stolarz although still not sure that would get it done. My fellow Sens fans in here would say the 3rd should be on the other side, but I am pretty sure Sens management would happily trade Gus for Stolarz and probably add a 3rd, too.

What I was uncertain of was if the Ducks would be open to moving Stolarz, and it seems like the consensus to that question is "no".

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I thought maybe the allure of a younger goaltender with RFA expiry would catch some eyes. As said, my original thought was Goose + 3rd for Stolarz although still not sure that would get it done. My fellow Sens fans in here would say the 3rd should be on the other side, but I am pretty sure Sens management would happily trade Gus for Stolarz and probably add a 3rd, too.

What I was uncertain of was if the Ducks would be open to moving Stolarz, and it seems like the consensus to that question is "no".
stolarz has been as good as a back up for us; no reason to move him. we'll probably extend him if i were to guess. we're not too in need of a young goalie either with Dostal in the ahl. so yeah, definitely a no
He’s a big baby, and complains when the going is tough. He’s not a professional goaltender. He’s not “an adult” as what Cleveland Browns described Baker Mayfield the other day. That’s exactly Gibson

what a complete BS post holy shit.

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
He’s a big baby, and complains when the going is tough. He’s not a professional goaltender. He’s not “an adult” as what Cleveland Browns described Baker Mayfield the other day. That’s exactly Gibson
In that case we’ll be happy to take him off your hands. That post is a little bizarre. Gibson has been carrying the team for awhile and I’m baffled to see it come to the front. I’d love to have him on the Leafs and would even be willing to offer you our team player Campbell who has the best attitude in the league, accepts all accountability and tries to play through injuries etc.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Just FYI - he wouldn't be the first goalie in the NHL that pulled himself (lol).

Goalies can be weird, and in the past there have been some that were like "yeah screw this I'm done for the night".

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
stolarz has been as good as a back up for us; no reason to move him. we'll probably extend him if i were to guess. we're not too in need of a young goalie either with Dostal in the ahl. so yeah, definitely a no

what a complete BS post holy shit.

It’s sad, and it’s true. Why do you think Gibson gets so much push back from his demeanor, and the way he perceives his job from the fans. Are we all just dumb? He really does have that Baker Mayfield Childrens side of him

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
For what? 15 games? And at the cost of a RFA that has a chance at turning into a starter in the future?

Stolarz is signed next year and Gustavsson needs waivers next year. Unless we think Gustavsson is ready to be an NHL goaltender next season, he doesnt have a ton of value to us.

I am much more confident going into next season with Stolarz than I am with Gustavsson - that's all it comes down to. I don't think there are many people who would argue that point. The question is how much you are willing to gamble on next season being a throw-away.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It’s sad, and it’s true. Why do you think Gibson gets so much push back from his demeanor, and the way he perceives his job from the fans. Are we all just dumb? He really does have that Baker Mayfield Childrens side of him
he gets push back only because people on the ducks board all think they're expert body language readers. idk what you mean by "the way he perceives his job from the fans."

he's a goalie that wants to win; doesn't like being on a losing team. somehow that attitude is actually a bad thing now i guess. i admit he's struggling hard but this notion that he's acting like a child and gives up completely after one bad goal based on his body language is so absurd.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
he gets push back only because people on the ducks board all think they're expert body language readers. idk what you mean by "the way he perceives his job from the fans."

he's a goalie that wants to win; doesn't like being on a losing team. somehow that attitude is actually a bad thing now i guess. i admit he's struggling hard but this notion that he's acting like a child and gives up completely after one bad goal based on his body language is so absurd.

His demeanor is silly, you can tell by his facial expressions when he gets off the ice that after a bad game not shaking fans hands in the tunnel, smack his stick on the ice when his skate hits the ramp towards the tunnel that this guy just doesn’t get it. It’s a job, you signed this contract, no one forced you to do it.

Can you honestly say Giguere, Hebert, Bryz would ever act like that if they were Anaheims goaltender in this down time of Anaheim? I think Jiggy would shake hands leaving the rink after the loss. Gibson is immature and not professional

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
His demeanor is silly, you can tell by his facial expressions when he gets off the ice that after a bad game not shaking fans hands in the tunnel, smack his stick on the ice when his skate hits the ramp towards the tunnel that this guy just doesn’t get it. It’s a job, you signed this contract, no one forced you to do it.

Can you honestly say Giguere, Hebert, Bryz would ever act like that if they were Anaheims goaltender in this down time of Anaheim? I think Jiggy would shake hands leaving the rink after the loss. Gibson is immature and not professional
oh yeah, you can defiantly read the facial expressions of a guy wearing a full hockey mask lol. also are you new to hockey? players almost always ignore fans who reach their hands into the tunnel. oh man, he smacks his stick on the ice occasionally, no goalie has EVERY done such a thing out of frustration, nope not a single goalie...

this is honestly one of the worst takes on Gibson i've ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad