Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

gadder

Oct 15, 2023
A rather dispiriting 4-1 loss, 22 shots. The game was over by the 2nd. I'll try to find some positives.
- Nelson played well. He looked calm, steady, and ready to be the starter soon.
- Houden is getting better each game. Some real fight in him (if not actual fighting). And Horner was fiesty too.
- There were 3 solid bury-em hits against our smaller guys (which is almost everyone?) that they wobbled off from. Good for them to come back but if you're gonna be a munchkin you'd better be fast and agile.

Reactions: OMG67

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
It was hard to find good in today's feckless, soft effort. Sudbury was better, took better shots, hit more effectively, and dominated the faceoff circle. There are at least three players who look like they're waiting for a bus out of town. Our rookies from last year look confused out there. No playing time and precious concern for their development at the OHL level has cost them a year and it seems that our first pick this year is heading down the same road.

Nelson played well, but had very little support. That was about it, really.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It was hard to find good in today's feckless, soft effort. Sudbury was better, took better shots, hit more effectively, and dominated the faceoff circle. There are at least three players who look like they're waiting for a bus out of town. Our rookies from last year look confused out there. No playing time and precious concern for their development at the OHL level has cost them a year and it seems that our first pick this year is heading down the same road.

Nelson played well, but had very little support. That was about it, really.

Give the young guys half a year to find their way. They are all getting decent ice time. We need to wait on judgement through the 2nd half.

This is a bit of a rebuild year. It is what it is. It is good to try and angle the positives and not dwell on the negatives in a rebuilding year. I have no issues being hard on the team when they are set for success. But in a rebuild, I don’t typically angle the negatives on the players. If there are negatives, it is usually directed at the management and coaches that don’t take a rebuild approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad