Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Yes. It has been a while since the NOOF. I joined here when the NOOF took its final death knell. Looks like that was Sept 2013 based on my registration date on this site.
I remember the OOF. I think it was hosted out of Queens University. The memory is vague from back in the Usenet days.

Reactions: OMG67

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
We all know DC was not able to help Mews, so it will be interesting to see how he does with Ekberg.

Pinelli Ekberg Foster should be the first line

I fully agree about that Ekberg/Pinelli should be a duo going forward but I don't know about Foster playing his off side. Also, adding Foster to that already dangerous duo may be unnecessary front loading. Gotta spread the wealth, have more than just one topline. Ekberg/Pinelli would primarily need somebody to cover them defensively and dig out pucks for them. Therefore, Foster might be a waste in this role. Körbler could do it but I want to see him with Dever personally. That leaves Kelly or Horner as my preferred options to round out that topline. I guess the 67's don't have the ideal winger for that duo on their current roster but I think Kelly/Horner are the best they have to offer for now.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I fully agree about that Ekberg/Pinelli should be a duo going forward but I don't know about Foster playing his off side. Also, adding Foster to that already dangerous duo may be unnecessary front loading. Gotta spread the wealth, have more than just one topline. Ekberg/Pinelli would primarily need somebody to cover them defensively and dig out pucks for them. Therefore, Foster might be a waste in this role. Körbler could do it but I want to see him with Dever personally. That leaves Kelly or Horner as my preferred options to round out that topline. I guess the 67's don't have the ideal winger for that duo on their current roster but I think Kelly/Horner are the best they have to offer for now.
I would think possiblyHOrner BUT does he have teh speed. Also one of the things that the scouts are looking for is Ekberg to play both ends of the ice and improve defensively. Being on a line that makes him do so might be what he needs.

I also do not see Pinellli here after the deadline so having foster means the first line still is in good shape

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

If Foster is the 3rd wheel, where would DC Play Korbler? :banghead:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
If Foster is the 3rd wheel, where would DC Play Korbler? :banghead:

Hilton Dever Horner
Whitehead Yanni Korbler
Barlas Anidovski Kelly
Houben

Gerrior in the stands until Dietsch gets back or Sirman gets released. Iknow that it would be better to play him BUT we need defence more than we need him

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Hilton Dever Horner
Whitehead Yanni Korbler
Barlas Anidovski Kelly
Houben

Gerrior in the stands until Dietsch gets back or Sirman gets released. Iknow that it would be better to play him BUT we need defence more than we need him

Korbler on the 3rd line? Over DC’s rotting dead corpse maybe! :P

Wolf on a Wire

Sep 18, 2022
It doesn’t bother me folks. Everyone has their own flavour and I know for some people, I am not a flavour they like. It is what it is. No harm, no foul. Thanks for the support. It won’t stop me from providing my own analysis of a situation. Sometimes it takes more words to push through it and sometimes it takes less.

For those of you that weren’t around on the NOOF, the “OMG” stands for “One Man Gang.” I think that pretty much tells you that I don’t care if people take pot shots on the Internet. Growing up in sport, I have taken much worse…in person! And, I did my fair share of handing it out as well.
Your input/insight/opinion is always welcome on Wolves Board..

Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Your input/insight/opinion is always welcome on Wolves Board..

I’m trying to stay off the Wolves Board right now because I have NO CLUE what they should do. They are likely good enough and have enough picks to add but I am not sure they are good enough to contend if they add. They are so much on a fence right now, I think I will respectfully sit back and watch!

Reactions: Wolf on a Wire

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Horner Dever and Hilton give us some size for a line

I like the Yanni Whitehead Korbler line for possibly later this year post-deadline and next year.
How on Earth are Yanni and Whitehead first line players on this team? Korbler only plays 1st line. He’s our #1RW. If you don’t believe me, ask DC. He will tell you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad