Value of: Ottawa’s first round pick (4th overall)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GuyBoucherEvilGenius

Nov 23, 2017
I’d do Brodin+ for #4 depending on the +. Would signal a rebuild in Minnesota and just might be the solution to the 1st round exit problem 5 years later.

What would the plus be?
Brodin is one of my favorite defenseman in the league. He'd immediately transform the top 4 D on Ottawa, but #4 overall is a steep price.

Additionally, what would Minnesota be willing to deal for a package of Pittsburgh's 2018 1st + Ottawa's 2019 2nd?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Rangers would definitely be interested in this pick. I'd imagine Ottawa wants young cost controlled guys, Rangers would be more than happy to take some salary back if it came to that but that's not really something we can predict as fans. Not taking that into consideration, something like

4th

for

9th overall
&
2 0f: Namestikov/Spooner/Deangelo/2018 2nd
or
26th overall
Boston's 3rd

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The only way Ottawa moves that pick is if they're trading down, or giving it to Colorado so they can tear it all down next season and rebuld.

It's the best pick they've had since they traded yashin to new York for the second overall. They're not giving it away, especially considering how grim next season looks right now.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
The only way Ottawa moves that pick is if they're trading down, or giving it to Colorado so they can tear it all down next season and rebuld.

It's the best pick they've had since they traded yashin to new York for the second overall. They're not giving it away, especially considering how grim next season looks right now.

No one is talking about giving it away. If we get a good offer, it’s worth considering. That said, I think we will likely keep it.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What would the plus be? Maybe a forward? If so, which one?

What would the plus be?
Brodin is one of my favorite defenseman in the league. He'd immediately transform the top 4 D on Ottawa, but #4 overall is a steep price.

Additionally, what would Minnesota be willing to deal for a package of Pittsburgh's 2018 1st + Ottawa's 2019 2nd?
Coyle? I’m not exactly sure.

Late 1st and a future 2nd? I’m not sure on that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad