Proposal: OTT - SJS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004
No givebacks. EK will always be a legendary figure in Ottawa but unfortunately he’s no longer even close to the player that dominated the league in Ottawa and his contract would be a death sentence for a team (especially one on Ottawa’s budget) for its duration.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Only way Karlsson goes back to Ottawa is if Melnyk isn't owner anymore and the Sharks take back Murray, Zaitsev, and White. Sharks are eating that contract for better or for worse.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Totally off topic but is Timo Meier available?

And if so what would SJS be looking for

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Totally off topic but is Timo Meier available?

And if so what would SJS be looking for

I doubt he is available right now due to Kane's situation and Meier's contract. Maybe next off-season or the trade deadline this or next year. They'd get a rental return which would probably be a 1st and a mid-level prospect with the Sharks retaining. If they dealt him now, they'd probably want a forward or two back that can contribute now.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Yeah, nobody is paying positive assets for EK

no saying “oh, he’ll cost 10 firsts to dump” like the typical HFer, but def need to be the one giving assets, not receiving them

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Check his salary, not his cap hit, for the last year of his contract.

He might be a great fit, but he will never be a senator.

That's an easy thing to account for. If the Sharks are renting him out, even for a full season, they can retain half pretty easily. Pretty sure Ottawa wouldn't have a problem paying Meier 5 million for a season.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
That's an easy thing to account for. If the Sharks are renting him out, even for a full season, they can retain half pretty easily. Pretty sure Ottawa wouldn't have a problem paying Meier 5 million for a season.
No, but if they're retaining half his salary then bunch of teams with less cap room are going to offer better picks and prospects compared to a rebuilding Ottawa team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No, but if they're retaining half his salary then bunch of teams with less cap room are going to offer better picks and prospects compared to a rebuilding Ottawa team.

Possibly. There's a lot of moving parts when it comes to Meier due to his contract and the Sharks situation with Kane. Something like this may not even happen until next season's trade deadline so a lot of things are bound to change for everyone between now and then.

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Possibly. There's a lot of moving parts when it comes to Meier due to his contract and the Sharks situation with Kane. Something like this may not even happen until next season's trade deadline so a lot of things are bound to change for everyone between now and then.
I imagine I will be much easier to get a good return at the 2023 deadline when you can retain 50% and there isn't any term left. I'm in complete agreement.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Bigger issue is his QO. I'd much rather look into Hertl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad