Confirmed with Link: OTT signed David Perron for 2 years / 4M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
He has always been very good on the powerplay. Don't know if that's the fit I would want.. seems like if we are not going to use norris on pp1 his contract gets even worse.

He is a prick for sure and hopefully can teach our guys a couple things about running a powerplay. His point percentage has been amazing in his career so he should have things to teach.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The only thing is that his points per game has gone down each of the last three seasons. I hope he doesn't fall off a cliff come January.

If he can put up the same point totals as last year (76 GP, 17 G, 47 TP) for the next two years then he will be a solid add.

I didn't realize his points per game steadily went down as drastic as it has. It's very steady

From 1.03 to 0.85 to 0.68 to 0.61.

He's likely a 0.5 player this year, and a 0.33 player the year after.

Just guesswork.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Image 2024-07-01 at 5.44 PM.jpeg

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Is he? I know fans in Ottawa don't like him, but he's a veteran guy who's worn a letter. I'm guessing within the room he's liked and respected, and that's what matters.
If anything he's unlikable to play against, like him on your team. Weird comment for sure.

Tarasenko replacement, don't hate it or love it. Fine move.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Assuming Joseph is on his way out and that's how we'll afford Pinto, it would have been smarter to not sign Perron, keep Joseph and then used the extra money saved (1.05M) to outbid TOR/WPG for Hakanpaa/Miller.

Not sure why Staios is so intent on dumping Joseph. We need more players like him than Perron.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Assuming Joseph is on his way out and that's how we'll afford Pinto, it would have been smarter to not sign Perron, keep Joseph and then used the extra money saved (1.05M) to outbid TOR/WPG for Hakanpaa/Miller.

Not sure why Staios is so intent on dumping Joseph. We need more players like him than Perron.
I like Joseph, but I am not sure he's consistent enough to have an impact on our team. He looked like he was going to have a hell of a season last year and then completely cooled off.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
the moves today are 100 percent because of how immature and leaderless our core is.

Staois needed to get some actual veteran professionals in the org to put them in their place.

Bingo.

If Perron can maintain the level he had the last couple seasons into the next couple this is a good move.

The sens need some jam up front and Perron brings that. I'm fine with this addition.

I didn't realize his points per game steadily went down as drastic as it has. It's very steady

From 1.03 to 0.85 to 0.68 to 0.61.

He's likely a 0.5 player this year, and a 0.33 player the year after.

Just guesswork.
40ish points is fine for a shit disturber third liner.

The sens will go as far as stutzle, Tkachuk, batherson, Morris and pinto take them.

If those guys can't score enough to win at this stage, the team is totally f***ed and another rebuild is necessary.

All staios can do is try to insulate them with vet leadership and hope foe the best.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Bingo.

If Perron can maintain the level he had the last couple seasons into the next couple this is a good move.

The sens need some jam up front and Perron brings that. I'm fine with this addition.

40ish points is fine for a shit disturber third liner.

The sens will go as far as stutzle, Tkachuk, batherson, Morris and pinto take them.

If those guys can't score enough to win at this stage, the team is totally f***ed and another rebuild is necessary.

All staios can do is try to insulate them with vet leadership and hope foe the best.
he slowed down last season according to Det fans

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Chychrun money went to Jensen.

Likely more money heading out
I struggle to see how we will be able to trade Joseph and not have to take money back

How do you know that?

Garrioch (I know I know, but) wrote "the Wings tried desperately to keep him".
That means they tried everything outside of massively overpaying for him.

Thankfully it is just a 2 year deal. He's old, slow and takes a lot of bad penalties and with our luck, he falls off the cliff this year. Detroit wasn't going to match 8 million dollars to find out if Perron can defy father time one more year.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSF

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
I struggle to see how we will be able to trade Joseph and not have to take money back

That means they tried everything outside of massively overpaying for him.

Thankfully it is just a 2 year deal. He's old, slow and takes a lot of bad penalties and with our luck, he falls off the cliff this year. Detroit wasn't going to match 8 million dollars to find out if Perron can defy father time one more year.

On Joseph, I think he's moveable after seeing the contracts being handed out in free agency. Two years at below $3M is a solid contract for a guy like Joseph, and he brings something - top 9 speed - that teams value.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley

These are elements we badly needed last year along with the veteran leadership so Perron’s flaws aside, I think he will help.
I remember hate-watching the last two games of the season for the Wings and he was a big reason why they almost snuck into the playoffs. Tough, smart plays in critical game moments - will be huge if when we make the playoffs.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

These are elements we badly needed last year along with the veteran leadership so Perron’s flaws aside, I think he will help.

That's an encouraging comment for sure. My fear is that we'll use him as a top-6 winger too much due to lack of depth instead of the shit-disturbing, puck possession third line guy he should be at this point of his career.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That's an encouraging comment for sure. My fear is that we'll use him as a top-6 winger too much due to lack of depth instead of the shit-disturbing, puck possession third line guy he should be at this point of his career.
As a third liner I can really like that. Will depend on a few things I guess. Norris,pinto,giroux, greig.
We’ll see.
I’m expecting him to be a good addition though.
Probably prefer his style to Tarasenko. Hope he can keep the pace up the next two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad