Proposal: OTT - PIT

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Chychrun is by far the best piece there. It's been discussed on the boards and most times it seemed moving Smith has taken in account the potential of retention. As is, I see this being really one sided.

The fact Ottawa doesn't even need another mid 6 winger let alone $5m cap on a 33 year old. If wanting a deal you'd realistically need to offer something more useful for Chychrun. Ottawa's main need is a top 4 RD. Something I don't see Pittsburgh as being a team with one to offer.

If Ottawa shops Chychrun, they will have plenty of suitors.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If the Senators are trading Chychrun for a goalie, they need a legit sure fire starting goalie for him. Jarry has too many damned warts and his contract is too long. He's a less shitty version of Korpisalo.

Trade doesn't make much sense at all for Ottawa.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Forget value for second..

Ottawa's motivation from a needs standpoint is clear (Goalie upgrade for unneeded LD)

Why does Pittsburgh do it though? Trying to understand their motivation on this one.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Forget value for second..

Ottawa's motivation from a needs standpoint is clear (Goalie upgrade for unneeded LD)

Why does Pittsburgh do it though? Trying to understand their motivation on this one.

Penguins need another LHD.

Smith will be on the 3rd line.

Korpisalo shaves a mil off the goalie cap. Chychrun is cheaper than Smith.

Chychrun is by far the best piece there. It's been discussed on the boards and most times it seemed moving Smith has taken in account the potential of retention. As is, I see this being really one sided.

The fact Ottawa doesn't even need another mid 6 winger let alone $5m cap on a 33 year old. If wanting a deal you'd realistically need to offer something more useful for Chychrun. Ottawa's main need is a top 4 RD. Something I don't see Pittsburgh as being a team with one to offer.

If Ottawa shops Chychrun, they will have plenty of suitors.

The idea would be you’d be getting out of Korpi’s contract for a much better goaltender.

Reactions: KevinRedkey

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Jarry imho, is not a big enough upgrade for Ottawa to make the playoffs next year. So it's a pass just because we need put thier goalie eggs in a better basket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad