Proposal: OTT - PIT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I feel like Ottawa says no to this and counters with White for Pettersson, which the Penguins say no to and negotiations stop there.

Reactions: Deku

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I feel like Ottawa says no to this and counters with White for Pettersson, which the Penguins say no to and negotiations stop there.

Precisely, at the moment Connor Brown is the team's best 2-way winger and on a very affordable contract. He is not being traded this season.

Reactions: SensFactor

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

White has a very cheap buyout, I would be interested in Pettersson nonetheless. Would probably like to send MDZ back as part of the package.

I think the "ideal" maximum give for us in upgrading our D is probably Brannstrom/MDZ/Mete/J. Brown + TB 2nd/OTT 3rd/BOS 3rd/VAN3rd

Last edited:

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
No thanks from Ottawa. I think the Sens would prefer to move picks or prospects in order to bring back a D. Brown is one of the few vets on this team (and a good one, not like Oduya, Hainsey, Coburn, Gudbransson, etc. of the past). It would be foolish to move him right now baring an overpayment . Also, Holden isn't just a throw in for us. Sadly, hes probably been our 3rd best D this season.

EDIT - You can have Josh Brown for free though.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
White has a very cheap buyout, I would be interested in Pettersson nonetheless. Would probably like to send MDZ back as part of the package.

I think the "ideal" maximum give for us in upgrading our D is probably Brannstrom/MDZ/Mete/J. Brown + TB 2nd/OTT 3rd/BOS 3rd/VAN3rd

I'd be fine with doing Pettersson for Brown and MDZ tbh. But you'd probably have to take back another asset from the Penguins cap wise to make it work. Something like Sam Lafferty and Marcus Pettersson for MDZ and Brown.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Gross for the pens.
Just editted my post right after you replied:

"I think the "ideal" maximum give for us in upgrading our D is probably Brannstrom/MDZ/Mete/J. Brown + TB 2nd/OTT 3rd/BOS 3rd/VAN 3rd".

I'd probably take Brannstrom off the table for Pettersson, unless accompanied to bad salary elsewhere, but I'd be fine with the rest.
I'd be fine with doing Pettersson for Brown and MDZ tbh. But you'd probably have to take back another asset from the Penguins cap wise to make it work. Something like Sam Lafferty and Marcus Pettersson for MDZ and Brown.

Unless you mean J. Brown, which I doubt, Brown would likely be a non-starter in a Pettersson trade.

Value is fair, but our forwards D is almost as big of an issue as our D-mens D and C. Brown is one of the few guys who plays the right way.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
What's the point of keeping him? Do you think he resigns?

Signed to a team friendly $3.6M 2022-23 as one of the highest minute getters on the team, he provides too much value for cheap which bodes well for the budgeted Pierre and his frugal owner. As a 2-way "veteran" forward (27 years old) who kills penalties, is a SH/ES threat to score, and generally makes any line he plays on better, I think he is here to stay until they decide on his future with the org before TDL 2023.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
connor brown will either be extended or traded at the deadline next year where due to his style of play he should get a good return. I personally would be willing to trade him because im afraid dorion would give him a hyman lite contract. Would just need a bigger upgrade imo

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I was digging through some defenceman stats the other day and noticed Petterson seems to be having a good season.

I think the trade is best offered 1 for 1, Brown for Petterson, and I think the Senators decline because 1) Brown is needed at the moment; 2) Petterson plays left; 3) 4 year term; 4) looks like his weight is low (Brannstrom and Mete are both heavier... does he get pushed around? I have not seen him play)

If he was a righty this is a different conversation because that's where the sens need a term guy who is better than Zaitsev. The sens do need a guy on the left but they really need a 1-2 year (this season included) middle pair guy at most.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Brown is worth more just cause of what he brings and that cheap contract. Sens will run that out till his last year

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I was digging through some defenceman stats the other day and noticed Petterson seems to be having a good season.

I think the trade is best offered 1 for 1, Brown for Petterson, and I think the Senators decline because 1) Brown is needed at the moment; 2) Petterson plays left; 3) 4 year term; 4) looks like his weight is low (Brannstrom and Mete are both heavier... does he get pushed around? I have not seen him play)

If he was a righty this is a different conversation because that's where the sens need a term guy who is better than Zaitsev. The sens do need a guy on the left but they really need a 1-2 year (this season included) middle pair guy at most.

Pettersson analytically is very good, but he does get physically pushed out.

The best we’ve seen out of him is when he is played with Marino who isn’t really a heavy guy.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Value may be fine, but I doubt Sens management (or fans for that matter) would be on board with using C.Brown as the trade chip to shore up the defence. Just opens up one hole to fill another.

Sens aren't a great fit for "hockey trades" given the lack of quality veterans on the team right now. I think Pierre squared are more likely to move a couple top-90 picks next season (Sens have 6 of them) and B level prospects to fill the hole on the back end if it keeps going this way.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Cant do it Pittburgh as we really dont have a player to replace him as of yet...Maybe next season though as he will be an upcoming UFA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad