Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The way sens fans portrayed him as a train wreck before trade was not accurate. Maybe the sens D failed him. Hes looking ok to me so far. Played well last night. Its early but I'm liking what I'm seeing here from him and kastelic .
If we hung a pair of shoes in net last year, they would have a better chance of stopping the puck. Defensen, no defense, whatever. He was balls.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If we hung a pair of shoes in net last year, they would have a better chance of stopping the puck. Defensen, no defense, whatever. He was balls.

While Korpisalo had arguably his worst season last year and I don't put it 100% on the team in front of him, all of Ottawa's goalies were "balls" last year. It was honestly a perfect storm. Korpisalo had a career worst year and Ottawa's team defense wasn't great.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
While Korpisalo had arguably his worst season last year and I don't put it 100% on the team in front of him, all of Ottawa's goalies were "balls" last year. It was honestly a perfect storm. Korpisalo had a career worst year and Ottawa's team defense wasn't great.
I've never seen the like. Maybe when Talbot was playing, but he claimed he was injured most of the year, which would contribute to the....balls. Korpisalo was just a corpse slumped over all year. Allowing the first shot to go in on an alarmingly regular basis.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I've never seen the like. Maybe when Talbot was playing, but he claimed he was injured most of the year, which would contribute to the....balls. Korpisalo was just a corpse slumped over all year. Allowing the first shot to go in on an alarmingly regular basis.
Not last night . Looked very confident. Its early though. All I know sens fans were celebrating this trade like the ending of the movie called Independence Day. I dont see why?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Not last night . Looked very confident. Its early though. All I know sens fans were celebrating this trade like the ending of the movie called Independence Day. I dont see why?
Because we finally got a real goalie. If you ever have to depend on Korpisalo for more than 20 games, you're in deep shit. Even then, say your prayers.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
He is top 3 in NHL in +\- and top 50 in scoring also. Yeah small sample size yada, yada, yada. However no one, not even Kastelic's parents would have put $100 down on that result even 3 games in...lol.

Incidentally he was robbed by the AVS official scorer of a prinary assist last night, so it should be 6 points in 5 games.
If you want to pin your hopes on Mark Kastelic magically becoming a valuable asset, prepare to be disappointed.

He had 25 points in his first 144 games and had two good offensive results on the first 5 games of this season. He has alot to prove before you can consider that anything but an outlier.

I hope I am wrong because he is a good guy but I am pretty sure his ceiling is 4th line centre....

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Last season the 3 OTT goalies.....

Korpisalo: -16.1 GSAA
Sogaard: -10.3 GSAA
Forsberg: -7.3 GSAA

All 3 guys were bottom 15 in the NHL in GSAA

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If you want to pin your hopes on Mark Kastelic magically becoming a valuable asset, prepare to be disappointed.

He had 25 points in his first 144 games and had two good offensive results on the first 5 games of this season. He has alot to prove before you can consider that anything but an outlier.

I hope I am wrong because he is a good guy but I am pretty sure his ceiling is 4th line centre....
You aren't getting any argument from me on being a 4th liner. Go look at my postings on Boston's board and I'm quite clear that I view him as a 4th line center. As a 4th liner
he brings some useful attributes (size, snarl) and skill (Face offs\skating for size).

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Last season the 3 OTT goalies.....

Korpisalo: -16.1 GSAA
Sogaard: -10.3 GSAA
Forsberg: -7.3 GSAA

All 3 guys were bottom 15 in the NHL in GSAA
Forsberg might never be the same. His injuries have derailed him. I hope I'm wrong though. Soogard has been a major disappointment.

All around disappointing in Ottawa last year, but goaltending was historically bad.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Korpisalo had a better 2nd game for the Bruins. Money puck has Korpisalo with an expected goals against of 8 and he's given up 9 in his first two games. He's had a few bad goals, but he's also made some big saves. I think he'll be fine when all is said and done. He'll get 20-25 starts and if he can finish with a sub 3.00 GAA and a SV% in the .910% range, he'll do his job as the back-up.

Yeah, I've generally liked what I've seen from Korpisalo so far, including preseason. He withstood the barrage from the Panthers in the 1st period of G1 where he stopped several point blank shots and at least one breakaway before the Panthers started to find the back of the net. Last night, I didn't like the last goal he gave up but he sealed the win for the Bruins with a few big saves, especially at the end when Colorado pulled the net. I think he'll be fine as a backup.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Korpse will probably be decent in a back up role. The problem last year was that he was Ottawa's starter and he just couldn't handle it.

Did he have some good games? Absolutely. He had some games where he shined. But he wasn't reliable. It seemed like he had at least one bad goal each game. But in a back up role with Boston, he'll probably be fine.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Korpse will probably be decent in a back up role. The problem last year was that he was Ottawa's starter and he just couldn't handle it.

Did he have some good games? Absolutely. He had some games where he shined. But he wasn't reliable. It seemed like he had at least one bad goal each game. But in a back up role with Boston, he'll probably be fine.
Don sweeney was backed in the corner with this trade with linus ntc but he a wriggled out a useful 4th liner center whose playing above expectations and a big win last night with Korpi holding the fort against a desperate Colorado team. The wildcard is that 1st round pick in Dean Leternaeu. Don Sweeney one of the best GM out there.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad