PTO: [OTT] F Nikolay Kulemin signs PTO with the Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Poulin was VP in Toronto when Kuli played there; he is a total pro with a lot to teach. I believe this is probably a tryout for an AHL deal, where Kulemin might take on a player-coach role.

Regardless, I am thrilled to see him get a chance again on NHL ice, even if there is no real consideration being given to him as a legitimate option

Reactions: bert and banks

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1725576068998.png

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I know there's like zero percent chance he gets an NHL offer.

But if there's a type of player that can make themselves useful way after their prime, Kulemin is that type of player. Low maintenance, and has their game based on calm smarts. Skill and speed players can't make a comeback years after the fact. Their tools degrade. But Kulemin had a simple game and knew where to stand on the ice. If I had to put a 38 year old on my team that hasn't played for 6 years? Kulemin is the guy.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I never understood why he didn’t get prime NHL offers after his Islander stint.

Terrific defensive, big body winger.

Reactions: banks

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's been that kind of day.

Aside from kulemin, I had no idea that goligoski, and staal were still active players up until today.

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
This could be more about getting Kulemin into Canada. I'm not sure he wants his children growing up in Russia the way it has been lately
It was 2018 that Kulemin was trying to Canadian citizenship - I believe him and his family wanted to settle in the GTA but there some issue with immigration. The Toronto Star reporting that or where it was reporting at the time.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Must have some history with Staios, no? Didn't play together on the Island but may have crossed paths somehow.

Wouldn't be suprised if this ended in a scouting/management role somehow

Reactions: SpezDispenser

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Absolutely loved him when he was a Leaf. Would be cool to see him in an NHL game again.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He apparently had a son playing triple A hockey in Toronto, so this might be him trying to get back, even if it's AHL.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
IIRC, he likes living in Toronto.

He’s been steadily declining in the KHL, so he probably didn't receive any good offers.

If you’re gonna make Toronto your home, and you’re not getting what you want in the KHL, might as well try one last kick at the can in the NHL…. no matter how unlikely the odds are.

Last edited:
Reactions: banks

Spargon

May 31, 2019
Assuming this is the typical vet signing to meet pre-season minimum requirements. Nonetheless, great to see him still going at his age (even though hes younger than me).

Ad

Ad

Ad