Proposal: OTT-DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not too sure about Detroit defence depth factoring the big name I can only see is Seider but they can be a pairing for the future for many years.
Brannstron can barely make the worst team in the league. We have like 3 prospects that should be better.

Zadina isn’t great either, but at least he’s been an NHL player the last two years

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Yzerman is a dangerous guy to deal with. Can’t see him losing a trade with Ottawa. If Ottawa believed in Zadina I think the cost would be Norris to get Yzerman to bite. Brannstrom doesn’t cut it.

Before anyone losses their mind I’m well aware Ottawa wouldn’t want to move Norris.

You should feel as much shame for posting this as the OP

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
With the Wings prospect pool a move for a D-man especially one where we are flipping Zadina would bring an established D-man. That would be the trade that interests Yzerman, I doubt Brannstrom holds a ton of interest to Yzerman, he typically likes his d-man to be long and rangy type D-man. I just don't see this one as a fit even if we started working out an add or something. I just think they would be happier to hope Johansson transitions across he is a little bigger than Brannstrom and has a lot of the components of his game already, he should be here next year so no thanks at least in my opinion.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Absolutly gross, Brannstroms #'s are horrific. What a steal by Vegas though, sending this pile of rocks to Ott for Stone. FLEEEEECE city
While he isnt worth Zadina, he had 13 points in 31 games while being a plus player on a bad team. Those arent horrific numbers.

Yzerman is a dangerous guy to deal with. Can’t see him losing a trade with Ottawa. If Ottawa believed in Zadina I think the cost would be Norris to get Yzerman to bite. Brannstrom doesn’t cut it.

Before anyone losses their mind I’m well aware Ottawa wouldn’t want to move Norris.
I mean the value isnt really close either and makes absolutely zero sense for the sens to move a player in its largest position of weakness.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
You should feel as much shame for posting this as the OP

Why I know Ottawa wouldn’t. The point is Yzerman isn’t going to sell low on a recent 6th overall and Yzerman always destroys GM’s in trades. If Yzerman pulled the trigger on a Zadina trade that’s what I’d expect he’d pull off. Don’t agree, great.

If I posted the Mantha trade people would have said the same thing.

If a Ottawa - Detroit trade happens around Zadina expect to see Dorion get bent.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
As a Red Wings fan, red wings fans can be quite annoying with the hyperbole and narratives on Yzerman "fleecing" other GMs.

That said, I would rather keep Zadina

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Possibly Brannstrom could use a change of scenery, but Detroit is pretty loaded on LHD prospects. I don't think Brannstrom fits here.

Zadina isn't tearing it up either. Fans are starting to grow impatient with him.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Seider, Edvinsson, Buium, Wallinder, McIsaac, Hronek, Lindstrom, Johansson, Tuomisto, Viro... all U24, relatively high-profile D. 3 of which are already regular NHLers.

No offence, but my guess is at least half these guys never play 50 games in the NHL. McIsaac can't stay healthy, Lindstrom is super low end and wouldn't be NHL on almost any other team in the league, and then outside Seider and Hronek a bunch of unknowns.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
No offence, but my guess is at least half these guys never play 50 games in the NHL. McIsaac can't stay healthy, Lindstrom is super low end and wouldn't be NHL on almost any other team in the league, and then outside Seider and Hronek a bunch of unknowns.
No offense taken - I'm not a Wings fan. That said, you only need half of them to hit. Edvinsson is basically a lock as at least a #4, Johansson looks good, Wallinder should at least be able to be bottom pair.... of course, prospects are just prospects, but Brannstrom is in the same boat and the boat is crowded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad