Proposal: OTT-DET

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
Only one team benefits from this deal. Which team?
That's a very difficult question.;)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Not too sure about Detroit defence depth factoring the big name I can only see is Seider but they can be a pairing for the future for many years.
Detorit has a slew of capable defenders coming through the system and likely don’t need a small offensive defender like Brannstrom since they have Seider and Hronek running their PP’s.

Zadina could probably be had but it’ll be apart of a larger deal, not a prospect swap.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Erik Brannstrom for Filip Zadina

Thoughts?
I think its a really bad trade for Detroit and a really great one for Ottawa. We'd be getting the better prospect in a vacuum while trading from our biggest position of strength and filling arguably our biggest position of organizational weakness.

If Detroit really wants Brannstrom, I am sure a deal could be worked out without giving up Zadina.

I'd be interested in Rasmussen, G. Smith, Buium, Tuomisto, etc, with varying degree of plus depending on who is involved.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I've watched Zadina in bits and pieces this season and he looks pretty good IMO. He moves well, is creative and has a good shot. I don't see why Detroit would want to move on from him so soon. Brannstrom is still a question mark because he hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

SNES

Aug 7, 2012
Manotick
Yaaaa Bran ain’t worth Zadina at this point…as a Sens fan that’s a hard no for Detroit

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Yes I think Detroit should continue to give up on their promising first round forward prospects b4 they reach their peak performance levels!

see 2015 Svechnikov ( got a sweet goal last night for the Jets vs the Leafs)

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Wings pass, Zadina been solid even with his modest production. Flashing good skill and showing promise that he's still got potential for more. Wings farm system is already really deep at LD anyway

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
it's either we move Brannstrom or we kick Smith out... Brannstrom is a decent player when playing in the NHL and Smith seems to dislike him for some reason.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
13 pts in 30 games, woof, only 2 goals, another woof....
Once again... he outscored Zadina as a DMan.

I said earlier this is a bad trade for Detroit, and I would take Zadina over Brannstrom in a heartbeat, but there are plenty of reasons for holding that opinion without resorting to idiocy.
it's either we move Brannstrom or we kick Smith out... Brannstrom is a decent player when playing in the NHL and Smith seems to dislike him for some reason.
Eh, I think this is overstated. DJ said Brannstrom was an NHL DMan in camp (one of 8, so low bar) and I think DJ would have happily played him... I just dont think he was ready to commit to playing him every single night - and giving him good minutes - and so Dorion sent him down. Same thing will likely happen with Thomson. I do think if Brann hadnt broken his hand, he'd be in the lineup over Mete and MDZ many nights.

TkachukMyAho

Apr 13, 2007
Not really an argument to be had here. Brannstrom is not considered super high end, but he's still got upside even though he's bashed on these boards.

That being said, Zadina clearly has more value at this point at least IMO. Admittedly I haven't seen much of him but based on draft pedigree alone I think DET would be crazy to make this move at the moment.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Not too sure about Detroit defence depth factoring the big name I can only see is Seider but they can be a pairing for the future for many years.
Seider, Edvinsson, Buium, Wallinder, McIsaac, Hronek, Lindstrom, Johansson, Tuomisto, Viro... all U24, relatively high-profile D. 3 of which are already regular NHLers.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Happy to think about moving Zadina as part of a package for a top 6 C, but not even slightly interested in moving him alone for what he's likely to return right now, let alone a 4-6D.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Interesting idea, Detroit can afford to move a winger and LD is a need at the moment. Yzerman has also been collecting Swedes.

I think Ottawa has to add but it has a Sergachev-Drouin trade vibe.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Yzerman is a dangerous guy to deal with. Can’t see him losing a trade with Ottawa. If Ottawa believed in Zadina I think the cost would be Norris to get Yzerman to bite. Brannstrom doesn’t cut it.

Before anyone losses their mind I’m well aware Ottawa wouldn’t want to move Norris.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Yzerman is a dangerous guy to deal with. Can’t see him losing a trade with Ottawa. If Ottawa believed in Zadina I think the cost would be Norris to get Yzerman to bite. Brannstrom doesn’t cut it.

Before anyone losses their mind I’m well aware Ottawa wouldn’t want to move Norris.

Not even that we wouldn't want to move him that's how Stevie Y gets his number blocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad