Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] D Carter Yakemchuk signs ELC with the Senators (3 years, $975k AAV)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_9108.png

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I like this kid….really thought the Sens would pick Dickinson but Yakemchuk is a beast.
Yakemchuk has the potential to be the most impactful dman in this draft.

He has the potential to bring pretty much everything except for high-end skating. He can improve on it and get to a fairly good skater.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Compared with his contemporaries in the early round of the draft, he has that low floor / high ceiling range.
100%.

Maybe he's like Dylan McIlrath.

Or he's like a Shea Weber/ Chara.

Not saying he's going to be like them, but he has the ability to be a huge influence on the game to play anyway AND physically dummy teams with a big shot.

Yeah, you'll see him get burnt with speed here and there like the aforementioned players, but if he it's and depending how Ottawa goes it will be rare.

A big, physical, mean, dman with a booming shot and possibly underrated offensive ability is worth the gamble.

Of course I hope he doesn't pan out because that's an absolute menace the Habs will have to deal with.

Even if he doesn't hit I could see him always being sought after like a Gudbranson/Zadorov type.

Reactions: bert and NyQuil

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
100%.

Not saying he's going to be like them, but he has the ability to be a huge influence on the game to play anyway AND physically dummy teams with a big shot.

Yeah, you'll see him get burnt with speed here and there like the aforementioned players, but if he it's and depending how Ottawa goes it will be rare.

A big, physical, mean, dman with a booming shot and possibly underrated offensive ability is worth the gamble.

Of course I hope he doesn't pan out because that's an absolute menace the Habs will have to deal with.

Even if he doesn't hit I could see him always being sought after like a Gudbranson/Zadorov type.
Doesn't hurt that he's a RD as well.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Like saying this author has the potential outside of having the ability to write.
Not really.

It’s like saying an author struggles with pacing, but has great story telling, vocabulary, world building but can still write great books.

Skating is a component of hockey, not hockey itself. Writing is a book is well, writing a book.

The good thing for Yakemchuk though is he’s playing a sport called hockey, not a sport called strong skating.

Everyone has weaknesses in hockey.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Sponsor
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
100%.

Maybe if he's lucky he could captain a team to back to back AHL championships like McIlrath. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad