PTO: [OTT] D Calen Addison, F Nikolay Kulemin, Keean Washkurak, Michael Simpson sign PTOs with the Senators

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
This could be more about getting Kulemin into Canada. I'm not sure he wants his children growing up in Russia the way it has been lately
A Google search shows a Hockey News article from May discussing a hockey camp Grabovski was planning to run this summer, featuring Kulemin as one of the coaches. Maybe he's interested in getting into coaching?

Either way, I don't see anything to complain about. Sens get a veteran body for camp, and Kulemin gets a team to work out with for the month.

Reactions: Altimus

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I thought it was his kid at first.
Looking at how young some Russian players start having kids, it does make more sense that a 38 yr old who washed out of the NHL 6 years ago would have an 18ish yr old son ready to go, rather than making a comeback himself

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Poulin was VP in Toronto when Kuli played there; he is a total pro with a lot to teach. I believe this is probably a tryout for an AHL deal, where Kulemin might take on a player-coach role.

Regardless, I am thrilled to see him get a chance again on NHL ice, even if there is no real consideration being given to him as a legitimate option

Reactions: bert and banks

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1725576068998.png

Reactions: Jannik Hansen

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
I know there's like zero percent chance he gets an NHL offer.

But if there's a type of player that can make themselves useful way after their prime, Kulemin is that type of player. Low maintenance, and has their game based on calm smarts. Skill and speed players can't make a comeback years after the fact. Their tools degrade. But Kulemin had a simple game and knew where to stand on the ice. If I had to put a 38 year old on my team that hasn't played for 6 years? Kulemin is the guy.

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Could he play as a winger if he sucks so bad defensively? Likely hoping to land a North American job before he makes the jump to Switzerland.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I like the idea in theory but he's a righty and the Sens already have JBD and Hamonic for that role.

Seems like a bad fit tbh.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I never understood why he didn’t get prime NHL offers after his Islander stint.

Terrific defensive, big body winger.

Reactions: banks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad