Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] Connor Brown re-signs with Senators (3 years, $3.6M AAV)

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Good that we locked him up for 3 years. He was awesome last year. I wonder what this means for Tierney now? He's one of the last RFAs left we need to sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: qqaz

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Connor Brown is a good one. Sens fans are happy, as they should be. Guy is a mix of a pound of skill, with a ton of effort.

As a Leafs fan, I still like Connor Brown, and I'm glad he found a spot with a new team. He deserves this. He'll be worth every penny of that contract, I'm sure.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Congrats to Brown, and the Senators... as a Leaf fan, one of those guys you were sad to leave your franchise, but still wish him well in the future. One of the hardest working guys out there, that's managed to perform above expectations due to that work ethic, well deserved.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Connor Brown is a good one. Sens fans are happy, as they should be. Guy is a mix of a pound of skill, with a ton of effort.

As a Leafs fan, I still like Connor Brown, and I'm glad he found a spot with a new team. He deserves this. He'll be worth every penny of that contract, I'm sure.
Connor Brown plays like a rugby player. Doesn’t necessarily do it creatively, but he is great at putting his head down and willing the biscuit to the offensive zone.

Reactions: Beville and qqaz

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Good for him. He also signed a deal with Sherwood Hockey for stick endorsements recently as they try and make a comeback in the league. So he's doing very well financially for a depth guy.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Connor Brown plays like a rugby player. Doesn’t necessarily do it creatively, but he is great at putting his head down and willing the biscuit to the offensive zone.

Great way to explain it.

He always felt, to me, like someone finally put a coach's brain in a below average player. Suddenly he's making all the right decisions, being in the right place, never taking a shift off. He's such a low maintenance player.

He's no star, but he can easily play on a line with one, and the star will be grateful.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Great contract for both sides. Even better for them to avoid the potential ugliness of arbitration too.

Dorion having himself a good offseason.

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Dorian having a great off season. They will have more success than the other Ontario team soon enough.

Think Connor Brown is the first Maple Leafs prospect from their "perfect" rebuild to win the Cup.

Senators sign a good contract for a former Maple Leaf.

Sens fans: Great deal. Good player.

Leafs fans: Great deal. Good player.

Neutral fans: Leafs suck.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Great way to explain it.

He always felt, to me, like someone finally put a coach's brain in a below average player. Suddenly he's making all the right decisions, being in the right place, never taking a shift off. He's such a low maintenance player.

He's no star, but he can easily play on a line with one, and the star will be grateful.
a little like Patric Hörnqvist did for years in PIT/NAS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad