Claimed off Waivers: OTT claims Gabriel Dumont (TBL)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Interesting move not sure what he can bring to the Sens. He must be happy as he gets to continue playing in the NHL.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Huh. Good move by Ottawa IMO. Dumont is a surprisingly good defensive player and can definitely fill in at 4c. Underrated player IMO.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
That sucks for Tampa and especially Syracuse as they really could've used him. I can see Tampa making a move for an AHL forward or picking up a depth forward the next time they go on waivers.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
The only Dumont highlight I remember from his time in the Habs organisation is when he fought Joe Colbourne and beat him with one punch. :laugh:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
For those that don't know, Boucher coached Dumont on the Volts and in the playoffs for Hamilton in the AHL.
While true, these types of moves are up to the GM not the coach. Wonder what he would have said to get the GM on board with it.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
While many Sens fans, including myself, would just prefer that Boucher give young players a fair chance to earn a spot, the fact of the matter remains that Boucher doesn't trust young players, and when they get called up, they are given a handful of shifts in the first period, and if they don't make their mark, that's all they get.

Guys get called up and get 6-8 minutes of ice time. It's pointless.

A move like this allows the young guys to stay in the AHL and get meaningful minutes. This Dumont guy can play 4th line or be a healthy scratch. It doesn't matter. So in that light, I guess it's an ok move.

Hopefully the Sens don't use him in top 6 roles though...ugh. They will though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad