Proposal: OTT-CHI-NYR

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NickHockey

Jan 3, 2016
Brannstrom for Vitali Kravtsov

2nd Round Pick for Dylan Strome

Ottawa would get younger and faster as well make the rebuild worth our wild. We had project players such as Duclair, Namestnikov who are doing well for themselves. We don't have enough Depth for C and RW.

Centers: Norris,Pinto,Strome,Tierney
RW:Batherson,Kravstov,Brown,Paul

We all know Sens aren't going to make the playoffs this year and if both players do well we can send them via trade deadline and acquire picks for this year's deep draft.
Thoughts?

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Sens need Branny right now with all of the players out. Put that one on ice for a couple of weeks.

Strome for a 2nd is fine. Would prefer they trade Tampa’s rather than their own though.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Brannstrom for Vitali Kravtsov ...

The Rangers don't need more defensemen. They need Centers and RW

NYR don't need Branstromm, but Grieg would appeal,
NYR liked him his draft year, but were ecstatic to grab Schneider

btw re Strome(s), for right return NYR might move R.Strome, despite needing C depth,
they may not have Cap to re-sign him

Reactions: bernmeister

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'm not Strome's biggest fan, but the fact is he puts up points as a complementary player(113 points in his last 135 games is impressive), and he is a center that is always in demand at the deadline. He's absolutely worth a 2nd, esp a late second which a playoff team would be.
Wrong Strome

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009

btw re Strome(s), for right return NYR might move R.Strome, despite needing C depth,

Grieg is not on the table for Kravtsov.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Eh, he might be

He shouldn't be. For all the high draft pick headcases that demand a trade before they prove anything, you get one Puljujarvi for dozens of Logan Browns, Lias Anderssons, Nikita Filatovs, etc.

Ottawa was in the rumour mill for JP, which I was adamantly against for anything more than a 3rd. Turns out I was wrong about JP's ability at the NHL level, but I still stand by the idea that you don't trade good assets for prospects whos resume ends at "was drafted high".

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
He shouldn't be. For all the high draft pick headcases that demand a trade before they prove anything, you get one Puljujarvi for dozens of Logan Browns, Lias Anderssons, Nikita Filatovs, etc.

Ottawa was in the rumour mill for JP, which I was adamantly against for anything more than a 3rd. Turns out I was wrong about JP's ability at the NHL level, but I still stand by the idea that you don't trade good assets for prospects whos resume ends at "was drafted high".

Lias Andersson has turned out quite well, and Kravtsov's resume is not just "drafted high".

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

Think they also like Boucher,but RW and Center is where we are thin too,defense needs help but more on the right than the left...Hard to make a deal when both teams have the same need

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't think Strome has 2nd round pick value
D Strome not bro R Strome

The Rangers don't need more defensemen. They need Centers and RW
We need upgrade in value on what we sell.
Like everyone else besides LAK, we can use higher end C prospects, but atm we are ok there, despite those demanding instant gratification:
zib
chytil
Barron/Krav
Blais/Rooney +

111% correct, only extend to say we 111% do NOT have room to sign, should sell high now.

longer term remaining on his expiring deal, the more the production and the better the return

deal now.
for futures, pref high draft picks

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Strome is more valuable than a 2nd round pick.

What are the odds your team is going to draft a player in the 2nd round better than Strome?

It could happen, but it's not that likely.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Brannstrom for Vitali Kravtsov

2nd Round Pick for Dylan Strome

Ottawa would get younger and faster as well make the rebuild worth our wild. We had project players such as Duclair, Namestnikov who are doing well for themselves. We don't have enough Depth for C and RW.

Centers: Norris,Pinto,Strome,Tierney
RW:Batherson,Kravstov,Brown,Paul

We all know Sens aren't going to make the playoffs this year and if both players do well we can send them via trade deadline and acquire picks for this year's deep draft.
Thoughts?

How does Strome make ottawa faster? How does either make them younger? Brannstrom is 22 and that 2nd is probably 17 years old right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad