Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
If he becomes a berglend that's still a homerun of a trade with what 25 year old kastelic doing right now and korpi winning his last game with a almost 900 save percentage. This trade is early swinging Boston way but it's very very early. I just didnt get why most sens fans were doing return of the jedi celebrations when the trade happened? I actually thought Boston did ok in the deal but I kept getting pounded that we got hosed??

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
If he becomes a berglend that's still a homerun of a trade with what 25 year old kastelic doing right now and korpi winning his last game with a almost 900 save percentage. This trade is early swinging Boston way but it's very very early. I just didnt get why most sens fans were doing return of the jedi celebrations when the trade happened? I actually thought Boston did ok in the deal but I kept getting pounded that we got hosed??
Don...CHILL. If the Bruins break even on this trade, it is a win for them. Korpi is likely going to play 1 out of 5 games this year. For his cap hit, that is terrible value even if he maintains a .900 save %. So, Kastelick NEEDS to score 30pts to make up for the terrible value Korpi brings. Letourneau is at least 4 years away and there is no guarantee he will be an NHL player, never mind a top 6 player. I wonder if he will eclipse 10 pts in the NCAA this year. He is so raw.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

- Ottawa paid the price for an unsigned Ullmark and then got him signed.
- Swayman is on pace to start 65 games because Korpisalo currently has an .850 save percentage. The "Bruins will fix Korpisalo" victory dance is super pre-mature. It took Ullmark about half a season to start taking in Essensa's suggestions well. We will see if the magic continues. But, as it stands, Korpisalo was a multi-year cap dump. Even if Kastelic continues playing well, that really only covers taking on Korpisalo as a dump at best.

Basically, the Bruins need Kastelic to keep playing well, Korpisalo to be better (questionable) and for the 1st to turn into something (and its a big swing pick that is more likely to bust than not). Ottawa is already happy with the deal.

But the biggest and most important thing?

It doesn't matter who "won" the deal.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
- Ottawa paid the price for an unsigned Ullmark and then got him signed.
- Swayman is on pace to start 65 games because Korpisalo currently has an .850 save percentage. The "Bruins will fix Korpisalo" victory dance is super pre-mature. It took Ullmark about half a season to start taking in Essensa's suggestions well. We will see if the magic continues. But, as it stands, Korpisalo was a multi-year cap dump. Even if Kastelic continues playing well, that really only covers taking on Korpisalo as a dump at best.

Basically, the Bruins need Kastelic to keep playing well, Korpisalo to be better (questionable) and for the 1st to turn into something (and its a big swing pick that is more likely to bust than not). Ottawa is already happy with the deal.

But the biggest and most important thing?

It doesn't matter who "won" the deal.
Just pointing out this ain't no landslide win for the sens so far. Kastelic already has like 3 goals and 6 points in like 9 games. Last year he has 10 points in total. Hes well on his of over 30 points. Getting that 1st round pick is also sweet and that kid has some solid numbers early in his career. Korpi played pretty good last game with win in Colorado not a easy task.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
we get it you are defending your teams trade, and honestly no one expected this from kastelic which is a huge get and thats something you can pretend and keep repeating that your gm knew it was going to happen

but defending korpisolo because in one game he had a 880 sv% by saying it was almost 900 is insane.

Reactions: BronxBruin

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
My black and yellow colored glasses take is:

Kastelic won't be more than a 4th liner, but him developing from a "ok one" to a "very good one" at 25 ain't crazy.

I do think the Bruins will be able to build up Korpi's trade value to be able to move him over the summer or use him as a capable backup for closer to 25 than 15 games games after he spends some more time with Essensa.

It all comes down to the pick. The Bruins loved Letourneau and them falling in love with that prospect and if they were right will drive everything. And we won't know about that for like half a decade.

So I hope we don't have an update on how Kastelic or Ullmark is going after every game until then ;).

Last edited:

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
we get it you are defending your teams trade, and honestly no one expected this from kastelic which is a huge get and thats something you can pretend and keep repeating that your gm knew it was going to happen

but defending korpisolo because in one game he had a 880 sv% by saying it was almost 900 is insane.
Excited for korpi next game hope he builds from last game. Kastelic red hot right now . Lets see.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
This was a terrible trade then and remains one now. This coming from a Bruins fan. Korpisallo and that contract coming back was already a win for the Sens. We got a 4th liner, an ok over priced back up with term that we did not need in any way and a very late first for a very good goalie. This was not good.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
This was a terrible trade then and remains one now. This coming from a Bruins fan. Korpisallo and that contract coming back was already a win for the Sens. We got a 4th liner, an ok over priced back up with term that we did not need in any way and a very late first for a very good goalie. This was not good.
Linus hasn't turned the world on fire yet and kastelic has that just alone has the Bruins winning the trade and dont forget Sens are paying part of korpi salary here to being here. Dean Leternaeu pick is a guess but will find out .

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Linus hasn't turned the world on fire yet and kastelic has that just alone has the Bruins winning the trade and dont forget Sens are paying part of korpi salary here to being here. Dean Leternaeu pick is a guess but will find out .
Chill out Don, the best player in the trade is usually who decides the winner of the deal. Swayman could be worn out by January, particularly is Korpisalo maintains his mediocrity. Maybe Letourneau pans out but that's a HUGE maybe. He could also be Joe Colborne or worse. Ottawa won this deal if Ullmark plays to his capabilities in the short term. Perhaps the B's eventually pull closer to even in five years if the kid pans out. But, again, HUGE maybe at best. Stop spewing the carnival barker nonsense until that time.

Reactions: Silky Johnson

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Chill out Don, the best player in the trade is usually who decides the winner of the deal. Swayman could be worn out by January, particularly is Korpisalo maintains his mediocrity. Maybe Letourneau pans out but that's a HUGE maybe. He could also be Joe Colborne or worse. Ottawa won this deal if Ullmark plays to his capabilities in the short term. Perhaps the B's eventually pull closer to even in five years if the kid pans out. But, again, HUGE maybe at best. Stop spewing the carnival barker nonsense until that time.
Well kastelic is playing better then linus at the moment that's not carnival stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad