OT: Other sports thread: Doyers Angels, Rams, Lakers, Bruins, Trojans, Capybaras

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
About as good of news as you can hope for after seeing him roll around in pain for 2 minutes.

It sort of looked like a stinger, the kind of stuff that happen to hockey players when they hit the glass weird. Hope thats all it is and returns soon. Unfortunately, it was his worse slide of the season, put all the weight on the arm when he slid instead of the butt. Usually you come down on your butt first, then use the arm as balance coming down and drag it.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
I thought the game was over once Ohtani got injured. You could see the energy get sucked out of the stadium and the momentum shift in the game. I'm not expecting him back any time soon either, though it would be a nice surprise. That was a terrible decision to steal at that moment though, just brutal. Dodgers just can't catch a break with these injuries.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
I thought the game was over once Ohtani got injured. You could see the energy get sucked out of the stadium and the momentum shift in the game. I'm not expecting him back any time soon either, though it would be a nice surprise. That was a terrible decision to steal at that moment though, just brutal. Dodgers just can't catch a break with these injuries.
Disagree. He's got to steal there. His base stealing ability is only second to his power at the plate. Just an unfortunate injury. Hopefully nothing that will keep him out.

It sort of looked like a stinger, the kind of stuff that happen to hockey players when they hit the glass weird. Hope thats all it is and returns soon. Unfortunately, it was his worse slide of the season, put all the weight on the arm when he slid instead of the butt. Usually you come down on your butt first, then use the arm as balance coming down and drag it.

Interesting. Never noticed that he always drags his left hand behind him when he slides.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Disagree. He's got to steal there. His base stealing ability is only second to his power at the plate. Just an unfortunate injury. Hopefully nothing that will keep him out.
Exactly. You’re more likely to score a run with a guy on second and two outs than with a guy on first and two outs. The lead was only three against an elite offense (and that fifth run was pretty close to being absolutely necessary given what happened in the top of the ninth). Ohtani stole bases at a 95% clip this season. Just because the 5% probability happened doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have attempted it.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I agree about the decision to steal, didn't like it either.

The silver lining here is that it didn't happen in game 150 when he was chasing his milestone. They got a long October out of him. The Dodgers need to win 2 out of the next 5 games likely without him, but I think the way they are swinging the bats it's fair to be optimistic.

Raccoon Jesus

We were right there
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree about the decision to steal, didn't like it either.

The silver lining here is that it didn't happen in game 150 when he was chasing his milestone. They got a long October out of him. The Dodgers need to win 2 out of the next 5 games likely without him, but I think the way they are swinging the bats it's fair to be optimistic.

The lineup effect of no Ohtani is understated, though

Freddie got his opportunity because they shit their pants and walked Ohtani

not sure the lineup has the same intimidation factor without him, good hitting nonwithstanding

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad