OT: Other sports.. list your teams

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've gotten into footy a lot more last few years, at least the international tournaments. Partially because Canada is starting to emerge as being competitive for the men and actually good for the women. Games can be kind of boring but the drama is good in a really intense match.

Reactions: Buffdog

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
CFL Blue Bombers in a land slide :naughty:
NHL Jets
NFL Bills, Chiefs
MOTO GP Ducati Factory team, Jorge Lorenzo fav all time
Baseball don’t give a shit
Basketball don’t give 2 shits
Tiger Woods it is an age thing :laugh:
Poker Gus Hansen
F1 Ferrari
WEC Audi before they bowed out, Ferrari is cool lately

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
My interest fluctuates based on who's winning here is my list.

1. Alabama Crimson Tide Football
2. New York Yankees
3. Winnipeg Jets
4. Anyone on my fantasy football team

Ok glad you went there. After the Jets my NFL fantasy team is my next favorite team. I prefer my 16 roster 4 keeper league since there is a bit more strategy involved.

Reactions: CaptainUgly

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Ok glad you went there. After the Jets my NFL fantasy team is my next favorite team. I prefer my 16 roster 4 keeper league since there is a bit more strategy involved.
Always wanted to be in a 16 team league. I enjoy the shallow FA pool. Really helps when you find that diamond in the rough. I'm in a 14 team auction draft that's been going strong for 23 years.

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
NFL - Steelers
CFL - Bombers
F1 - I cheer for Verstappen, Sainz, Norris, I also cheer for LH to lose
NCAA Hockey - UND Fighting Sioux
WHL - Brandon Wheat Kings
EPL - Liverpool
Counter Strike (esports) - I cheer for the NA teams, team Liquid, Complexity etc.
MLB - Jays (not super invested, don't really like Toronto anything)

Last edited:

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
How can anyone cheer for Lance Stroll?
because i’ve been watching the team from silverstone since it was its first year as JordanF1.

i love Aston
and i like both Seb and Fernando.

also i am not at all bothered by a rich man buying his son a ride in F1 because like 90% of F1 drivers have had that kind of advantages and i’m not willing to turn into a whining baby cuz i’m jealous of a rich kid

I like the story of a father and son with a passion for F1, going all in financially, saved a team, saved a car brand and returned it to F1, and tried to forge a racing legacy.

better than say….Checo’s corrupt politician father and Carlos Cartel Lord Slim paying for the same thing with 1% of the commitment to the sport.

Reactions: Monkey D Luffy

Kinjero

Aug 9, 2011
YSJ
F1 - Ferrari
WRC - Toyota
Soccer - Bayern Munich
Oh yeah
QMJHL - Saint John Sea Dogs

Last edited:

Monkey D Luffy

Go Bombers!
Nov 20, 2017
Winnipeg, MB
because i’ve been watching the team from silverstone since it was its first year as JordanF1.

i love Aston
and i like both Seb and Fernando.

also i am not at all bothered by a rich man buying his son a ride in F1 because like 90% of F1 drivers have had that kind of advantages and i’m not willing to turn into a whining baby cuz i’m jealous of a rich kid

I like the story of a father and son with a passion for F1, going all in financially, saved a team, saved a car brand and returned it to F1, and tried to forge a racing legacy.

better than say….Checo’s corrupt politician father and Carlos Cartel Lord Slim paying for the same thing with 1% of the commitment to the sport.
Yeah sure, aside from the fact he's a whiny rich boy who never admits to any of his mistakes, he's one of the least likeable people I've ever seen lol.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yeah sure, aside from the fact he's a whiny rich boy who never admits to any of his mistakes, he's one of the least likeable people I've ever seen lol.

lol ..see it's funny to me...because this shows more about you and your petty envy than it does about any driver on the grid.

This reminds me of when I was in a Conference in Atlanta where a NASCAR argument broke out and I realized I had zero idea what the guys were talking about.

Were you guys F1 fans before the Netflix series. I have quite a few people I know that became F1 fans after following that series.

I am not a motor sport fan, but I enjoy the business aspect of F1. That being said the F1 movie “Rush” was phenomenal.

Can’t believe England is going to the Euro final? I have been a fan for 40 years and I have known nothing but disappointment. I assume they will regress to the mean tomorrow but I will be watching just in case hell freezes over.

Reactions: Buffdog

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
This reminds me of when I was in a Conference in Atlanta where a NASCAR argument broke out and I realized I had zero idea what the guys were talking about.

Were you guys F1 fans before the Netflix series. I have quite a few people I know that became F1 fans after following that series.

I am not a motor sport fan, but I enjoy the business aspect of F1. That being said the F1 movie “Rush” was phenomenal.

Can’t believe England is going to the Euro final? I have been a fan for 40 years and I have known nothing but disappointment. I assume they will regress to the mean tomorrow but I will be watching just in case hell freezes over.
funny how the media is all aboard the Southgate redemption story, when in fact, the football has been horrifically sterile and they're a couple of wonderstrikes from Saka and Watkins away from bowing out again to lesser sides. I'd say this is the best England side of my lifetime.

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
funny how the media is all aboard the Southgate redemption story, when in fact, the football has been horrifically sterile and they're a couple of wonderstrikes from Saka and Watkins away from bowing out again to lesser sides. I'd say this is the best England side of my lifetime.

Due to allot of time at the cottage I have watched less of the euros. After dropping my kid off at work I settled in to watch the second half of the game and on balance I thought the Dutch were doing very well at defending…..seemed like England was struggling to find good openings and when the Dutch countered it seemed like they were getting much better looks but couldn’t convert.

However, that Watkins goal was as good as it gets. They finally got a bit of space on a counter and Watkins touch, turn, and shot were sublime.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Due to allot of time at the cottage I have watched less of the euros. After dropping my kid off at work I settled in to watch the second half of the game and on balance I thought the Dutch were doing very well at defending…..seemed like England was struggling to find good openings and when the Dutch countered it seemed like they were getting much better looks but couldn’t convert.

However, that Watkins goal was as good as it gets. They finally got a bit of space on a counter and Watkins touch, turn, and shot were sublime.
the first 30 minutes were very comfortable for England, then a Dutch forward went down (Depay) and they went with 5 midfielders. England couldn't get a sniff of the 18 yard box after that until Saka's disallowed goal and Watkins' turn.

Southgate seems to stress ball retention over trying to use their abundance of talent to run and attack defenses with quick passing and movement off the ball.

Also, thought it was noteworthy that England actually tried an active press twice in the Netherlands game, only to be split apart over 10 passes by the Dutch on each occasion. Back to the drawing board.

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud

i’ve been watching F1 since 1975.

as for amazing motorsport movies. Rush was amazing.
Grand Prix with James Garner is awesome
so is Steve McQueen’s LeMans

and this little gem

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
the first 30 minutes were very comfortable for England, then a Dutch forward went down (Depay) and they went with 5 midfielders. England couldn't get a sniff of the 18 yard box after that until Saka's disallowed goal and Watkins' turn.

Southgate seems to stress ball retention over trying to use their abundance of talent to run and attack defenses with quick passing and movement off the ball.

Also, thought it was noteworthy that England actually tried an active press twice in the Netherlands game, only to be split apart over 10 passes by the Dutch on each occasion. Back to the drawing board.

Spain has been so good this tournament that I think it might be their’s to lose but we’ll see. Single knock out is always an adventure.

Reactions: Gil Fisher

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Tough loss last night for the Canadian Men's soccer team

I thought they had it when they went up a goal in the 84th minute

Still a great showing by them

Reactions: ps241 and macmaroon

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
1-2. Edmonton Oilers/Winnipeg Blue Bombers (no particular order)
3. Winnipeg Jets
4. Toronto Raptors

The Jets have grown on me, but they still haven’t surpassed my first love.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad