OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Nix seems to laser in on his first option - usually Sutton - and refuses to move on. You'd better have a Cutler-esque arm to zip fast balls in there if that's the case, and Nix clearly does not.
Simply not case. He showed the ability to go through progressions and look off defenders just fine in the preseason.

He was a rookie playing his first ever game on the road against a team with a good home field advantage. He played like rookie in his first ever game.

Elway sucked in his debut and got yanked. Manning owns the record for INTs by a rookie.

Judging a player by one game is insane. I'm super disappointed with how Nix played today but it's not really the result today that matters. It's where he goes from here. Does he learn, or does he continue to do the same shit? We'll see.

I'll also throw out that the offense around him needs to figure their shit out as well. 4 drops of which 3 would have been first downs, basically no broken tackles or making the first guy miss, and hit and miss o-line play. Everyone on the offense needs to look in the mirror and decide if they want to play at an NFL level or if they are cool with being below average players. Because right now our skill players are easily some of the worst in the league, which does no favors for Nix.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Simply not case. He showed the ability to go through progressions and look off defenders just fine in the preseason.

He was a rookie playing his first ever game on the road against a team with a good home field advantage. He played like rookie in his first ever game.

Elway sucked in his debut and got yanked. Manning owns the record for INTs by a rookie.

Judging a player by one game is insane. I'm super disappointed with how Nix played today but it's not really the result today that matters. It's where he goes from here. Does he learn, or does he continue to do the same shit? We'll see.

I'll also throw out that the offense around him needs to figure their shit out as well. 4 drops of which 3 would have been first downs, basically no broken tackles or making the first guy miss, and hit and miss o-line play. Everyone on the offense needs to look in the mirror and decide if they want to play at an NFL level or if they are cool with being below average players. Because right now our skill players are easily some of the worst in the league, which does no favors for Nix.
Perhaps you should go to the previous post where I state we should give him longer to get a read on him.

It's also not wrong to state all Nix did today was laser in on his target. He should have been picked off five times.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Perhaps you should go to the previous post where I state we should give him longer to get a read on him.

It's also not wrong to state all Nix did today was laser in on his target. He should have been picked off five times.
Yep. He played like rookie. Bad choices, bad reads, target locking. Saw the same shit from Caleb Williams today.

In fairness to Nix the skill players on this team are garbage. Get the f*** open and make some guys miss or break a tackle. Too many plays where Nix actually got someone the ball and they couldn't make a guy miss. It's impossible to look good in this league as a QB if your skill players can't ever turn a 5 yard throw into 10-12+ yards. Skill players need to be better than the shit they put out there today. Not to mention our WRs blow at creating separation. It's tough being a rookie QB, it's even tougher when you rarely have an open target. Our WRs are too easy to cover which leads our QBs, over the last 5 years+, into having to force some throws since no one is getting any separation. Doesn't matter if you can look DBs off or not if none of your throwing options are remotely open.

However, that said, Nix needs to show improvement throughout the season. Or is just going to be another bust.

Reactions: katfude

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
EDIT:
someone jumped the gun on declaring Bolles out, Denver Post says he's gonna be fine:
Good.

One thing I take heart in is Nix will get to develop behind a good o line.

David Carr never had a chance being beat on like a piñata.

It was an albatross around Elway's next for his first decade.

BobRossColton

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
This first game already made me miss Tim Patrick.

He always tried to extend the play as well actually catch the balls thrown to him.

Last edited:

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
This first game already made me miss Tim Patrick.

He always tried to extend the play as well actually catch the balls thrown to him.
I love Tim Patrick however 2 major injuries in the last 2 years. There is no way he's the same player he was prior to the injuries.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
WTF happened to Mims? Other than special teams I didn't hear his name once.

Not gonna write off Nix after one effin' game but holy shit that was about the worst game I've seen played by an NFL quarterback. He should've been picked off about six or eight times yesterday.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Not gonna write off Nix after one effin' game but holy shit that was about the worst game I've seen played by an NFL quarterback. He should've been picked off about six or eight times yesterday.
You're not wrong.

Again, he was one of only 3 guys in the history of the NFL to throw for 138 or fewer yards on 42 attempts. The other two were 39 year old Roethlisberger and Jordan Palmer.

And he was 2/12 for 42 yards and 2 INT on passes that traveled 10 or more air-yards.

It was a historically terrible game.

Reactions: Pokecheque

pockets

I haven't slept for 10 days cuz that'd be too long
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain

This kid is a clown, so sick of the Sanders' shit show. For someone that keeps comparing himself to Tom Brady you'd think he'd realize that Brady never threw any of his teammates under the bus to the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: AvsWraith

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

This kid is a clown, so sick of the Sanders' shit show. For someone that keeps comparing himself to Tom Brady you'd think he'd realize that Brady never through any of his teammates under the bus to the media.

Jesus, I've never been a quarterback but I thought the idea is to convince those guys to sacrifice life and limb to block for you. I wouldn't want to life a finger to stop a defensive lineman in the face of that.

What a f***ing loser.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

This kid is a clown, so sick of the Sanders' shit show. For someone that keeps comparing himself to Tom Brady you'd think he'd realize that Brady never through any of his teammates under the bus to the media.

Yeah Tom Brady would never do that to the media...

He'd save it for his podcast!

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
This is one of those scenarios where technically he’s right. His O-Line play has been awful he has to constantly run for his life. But… this isn’t something I would say out loud… about the guys who are out there to protect me from the 270lb+ monsters from running at me.

Reactions: katfude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad