OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
He's like 2/8 on passes more than 5 yards downfield, man. He didn't play a single first team defense in the preseason, forget the coverages. He wasn't playing against NFL dudes.
You do you, but I prefer to not hate my rookie quarterback right off the bat.

Last edited:
Reactions: sethro109

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Gotta run the ball out of shotgun like the Seahawks have.

Hate to say it but what is missing is Kareem Jackson and the big hits from the secondary

Reactions: sethro109

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Someone needs to remind Payton you have to throw a long ball every now and then or the opponent just sits on short routes

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Bottom line the Wilson trade set this franchise back 5 years maybe more

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Well super disappointing. Nix simply shit the bed today, looked like a guy that shouldn't be in the league.

Was hoping for some glimmer of hope but there hasn't been much from Nix.

I wasn't expecting a dominating performance or anything from Nix but this was pathetic nothing really to build on.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Elway 1-8 14yrds 1Int Sacked 4 times.

And you have to be prepared for a year of this.
I was but this offense Payton put out here feels like it didn't give them a chance. Way too many passes 5 yards or less down field. So easy to defend it

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I was but this offense Payton put out here feels like it didn't give them a chance. Way too many passes 5 yards or less down field. So easy to defend it

It is pretty crazy. I get not trying to throw deep with a rookie QB who clearly is struggling to read the defence but atleast try and push it 8-9 yards down the field occasionally.

Seems like the Broncos are overconfident in the RB's and weapons being able to make plays. All these short passes look that much worse when nobody can pick up yards after the catch.

Reactions: willy702

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
As bad as this feels and the Wilson mess did, look at the fun Cleveland is in for with that 100% guaranteed contract with Watson

It is pretty crazy. I get not trying to throw deep with a rookie QB who clearly is struggling to read the defence but atleast try and push it 8-9 yards down the field occasionally.

Seems like the Broncos are overconfident in the RB's and weapons being able to make plays. All these short passes look that much worse when nobody can pick up yards after the catch.
Seriously all they need to do is send Sutton deep and see if he can make a play. I doubt the safeties would be anywhere near it, they are all over the short routes

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Vance has no answer for Walker right now. Got lucky they only used him once in that set.

Bottom line the Wilson trade set this franchise back 5 years maybe more
I think it'll only be two. That's when we get a lot of our dead cap back and if we suck these two years, that only means we get better draft capital.

Reactions: Avsrule2022

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Vance has no answer for Walker right now. Got lucky they only used him once in that set.

I think it'll only be two. That's when we get a lot of our dead cap back and if we suck these two years, that only means we get better draft capital.
I think that is being too optimistic. The loss of draft capital we gave up for Wilson and then for SP will take a lot of time to recoup. Plus they have to make the right signings of Free agents who has faith that they will.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I think that is being too optimistic. The loss of draft capital we gave up for Wilson and then for SP will take a lot of time to recoup. Plus they have to make the right signings of Free agents who has faith that they will.
The FA sigings will definitely be the deciding factor. Payton with his warts, knows how to draft for need.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

I agree, wasted years is kind of a poor concept to consider anyways. Where were they going with Lock or some free agent? I think the spot they are in also lies on Elway and lots of bad drafts before he left. Without Wilson the team could have been sold for less and Payton might not have come. This is the rebuilding process that had to happen and probably has one more poor season before it gets better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad