OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bo Nix looks awful lol. Obviously needs time to be evaluated but so many throws look behind or way above receivers.

Some of it I'm sure is just normal rookie stuff with this being his first game. However, those deep passes look awful and he's repeatedly late. Is he late because he's not used to the speed of the game or is it his arm, which was one of the biggest question marks coming out?

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Some of it I'm sure is just normal rookie stuff with this being his first game. However, those deep passes look awful and he's repeatedly late. Is he late because he's not used to the speed of the game or is it his arm, which was one of the biggest question marks coming out?
Lots of drops too, really making it worse.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Lots of drops too, really making it worse.
The passes are being dropped because they're wobbly and late. A receiver should catch what gets to his hands, but it's way harder when the pass is coming in wobbling or the receiver has to try to stop and reach backwards mid-route.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011

His arm strength has been fine this game. It's the accuracy that's been the issue.

Seems like he's struggling with zone coverage. Not seeing the defender. To me that's be the bigger concern over his arm. Coaches gushed over his processing ability and he should have 2-3 picks because what he's missed.

Reactions: willy702

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
His arm strength has been fine this game. It's the accuracy that's been the issue.

Seems like he's struggling with zone coverage. Not seeing the defender. To me that's be the bigger concern over his arm. Coaches gushed over his processing ability and he should have 2-3 picks because what he's missed.
He's missing short and he's missing late. The arm strength is the issue with his accuracy. He's missing on the throws that go downfield.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I mean I get it’s Nix’s first game but the dudes also 25 as a rookie.

Doesn't really matter at QB. It's arguably the hardest position to play in sports. Even some of the greatest prospects have struggled early on and Nix is certainly not that. You get worried if he still looks this bad by game 5 or hasn't flashed at all.
He's missing short and he's missing late. The arm strength is the issue with his accuracy. He's missing on the throws that go downfield.

I'd have to see the replay's but the INT was the only throw where it looked like he really didn't have enough velocity on it. Even than I think the bigger concern is he stared Sutton down the entire time and passed it into double coverage.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Doesn't really matter at QB. It's arguably the hardest position to play in sports. Even some of the greatest prospects have struggled early on and Nix is certainly that. You get worried if he still looks this bad by game 5 or hasn't flashed at all.

I'd have to see the replay's but the INT was the only throw where it looked like he really didn't have enough velocity on it. Even than I think the bigger concern is he stared Sutton down the entire time and passed it into double coverage.
The Sutton third down "drop" was way behind him. If he hits Sutton in stride it's a TD; instead Sutton had to stop and change direction because the pass was too late. It wasn't off target, it was too slow.

And the lack of zip on the passes are why he's throwing these wobblers that are getting dropped or deflected.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Now the defense is sucking balls.

Edit. And why the f*** is all of our guys sliding around? Did they not bring that right cleats?

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
The Sutton third down "drop" was way behind him. If he hits Sutton in stride it's a TD; instead Sutton had to stop and change direction because the pass was too late. It wasn't off target, it was too slow.

And the lack of zip on the passes are why he's throwing these wobblers that are getting dropped or deflected.

That pass was just way off the mark. The velocity was fine. He couldn't hit him in stride because he wasn't even close to hitting him. He's had 2 drops that were perfectly fine and hit the WR right in the hands. Lil Jordan and Reynolds.

It's been the coverages. That's the difference between the preseason. His arm looked fine in the preseason against vanilla coverages but now that he's playing against a team mixing up the looks he looks lost. He can't just play pitch and catch.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
That pass was just way off the mark. The velocity was fine. He couldn't hit him in stride because he wasn't even close to hitting him. He's had 2 drops that were perfectly fine and hit the WR right in the hands. Lil Jordan and Reynolds.

It's been the coverages. That's the difference between the preseason. His arm looked fine in the preseason against vanilla coverages but now that he's playing against a team mixing up the looks he looks lost. He can't just play pitch and catch.
He's like 2/8 on passes more than 5 yards downfield, man. He didn't play a single first team defense in the preseason, forget the coverages. He wasn't playing against NFL dudes.

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Hard to blame the D after how they've played all day Seattle made that drive look easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad