OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, etc...Part VI

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Nuggets signing DeAndre Jordan at the start of free agency for the third straight year.

Why?

For the love of god, if we can't trade Nnaji we're going to roll into the regular season with a big man bench of Jordan, Nnaji, Cancar coming off a blown ACL, and a rookie they can't decide if they want to play C or PF.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Nuggets signing DeAndre Jordan at the start of free agency for the third straight year.

Why?

For the love of god, if we can't trade Nnaji we're going to roll into the regular season with a big man bench of Jordan, Nnaji, Cancar coming off a blown ACL, and a rookie they can't decide if they want to play C or PF.
Jordan is a team presence. Which is great if you're not a nuthair away from an apron. I'm not going to panic, yet. But I have many concerns.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO

Why?

Might mean Cancar isn’t gonna come back on the team friendly deal they were hoping for and now they’re panicked. I thought they didn’t pick up Cancar’s option.

I gotta admit I’m not a fan of Booth at all. Making promises to draft picks a month before is just weird. His signings and moves have been weird. And I get that people don’t like Connelly for bolting but that dude has done some solids in Minnesota since leaving. The Rudy thing was a swing and a half-miss but a lot of their smaller moves are very good fits. I miss havin TC as the GM - it’s been a pretty big drop off.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Harrison Wind is not a source. If he's right about something it's 99% because he saw someone from Altitude, Denver Post, or the Gazette report on it first and he just reworded it for his own tweet.

The DNVR crew for the Nuggets is even sadder than the one from the Avs, if that's possible.
FWIW it's not just him. Seems to be quite a bit of smoke on twitter

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
FWIW it's not just him. Seems to be quite a bit of smoke on twitter
And that's fine. I just don't respect the DNVR crew and when I see people spreading them I feel obligated to point out they suck.

Like how Avs fans feel when we see someone post a Dater tweet. Dater's not always wrong, but it's always wrong to be Dater.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I always go with Denver Stiffs - I think they sold off to SI which sucks but those guys have always been solid in their writing. And they started from nothing so they’re humble. But they’re also the type to break news late and focus more on interpretation/analysis vs breaking news/clickbait.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I always go with Denver Stiffs - I think they sold off to SI which sucks but those guys have always been solid in their writing. And they started from nothing so they’re humble. But they’re also the type to break news late and focus more on interpretation/analysis vs breaking news/clickbait.
I don't really blame anybody for their opinions or their takes. I just care about their reporting. Are they breaking news, is it accurate, how often are they the first ones on a story, what do they say when they get something wrong, etc.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Braun seems like a player to hold onto?
You asked who is untouchable from the viewpoint of Nuggets management. Braun makes little sense to trade on a rookie deal but that doesn't make him untouchable.

And if Westbrook is brought on with a $4m contract to replace Reggie, that's a no-brainer. Pretty good defender for the position, offensive facilitator and rebounder, can fill in when Murray needs a night off, etc. All while getting paid less than Reggie. He's not a KCP replacement, those articles are dumb, that has to be Braun.

Booth has made mistakes for sure but everyone makes them. I have very little to quibble with this offseason. KCP was long known to leave after this year, I don't get this narrative about the Nuggets letting him walk. He got a better deal to go to Florida where he's said he wanted to go. Dude got 2 rings, he's deserved the opportunity to make such a decision. Same with Bruce last year, you can't keep teams together 100% and to blame the FO for it is dumb. They drafted the guy they wanted and didn't give anything that mattered to them away. They have stocked the roster with youth about as good as you can picking in the 20s and beyond. And yet people just getting on Booth because the team and the coaches blew a 20 point lead.

Reactions: BobRossColton

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
They won't trade MPJ, but they should. I don't want to trade Murray but if the right offer came along I'd do it.
Did you see the Paul George rumor? Not sure if I believe it or not, but it's out there that it would have been Zeke, MPJ, and draft picks for George. It broke down and won't happen now (George opted out and apparently Denver bowed out when the draft considerations were too steep). Not sure what I woulda thought of that deal - they could have gotten out from both MPJ and Zeke's contract. But George would've been on a final year of his own contract and probably would have only given them 60 games (even that might be optimistic).

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Did you see the Paul George rumor? Not sure if I believe it or not, but it's out there that it would have been Zeke, MPJ, and draft picks for George. It broke down and won't happen now (George opted out and apparently Denver bowed out when the draft considerations were too steep). Not sure what I woulda thought of that deal - they could have gotten out from both MPJ and Zeke's contract. But George would've been on a final year of his own contract and probably would have only given them 60 games (even that might be optimistic).
Doesn't even sound like the Nuggets would have taken it seriously. I mean draft picks being thrown in, what picks do they have worth anything? Unprotected picks a decade in advance?

I think PG might get a sign and trade for the Clips that gets them some junk and a few beers thrown in. Clips are better passing on this season and coming to the market with space and a shiny new arena to sell to prospective FAs after this year. I still have no idea why they did the Harden deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad