OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I mean is he good? No. Would firing him make any difference? Also no. Rockies would suck either way.
If you have young players, you should put them in a position to succeed, what did Black do this year to put them in position to succeed?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If you have young players, you should put them in a position to succeed, what did Black do this year to put them in position to succeed?

I mean, Tovar and McMahon appear to be developing just fine, I don't see anything alarming with the handling of Rodgers or other young players either. I don't watch the Rox closely so I don't know for sure but to me, Black is waaaaaay down the list of problems currently plaguing the Rockies.

Of the four major league sports in North America, coaching appears to have the least impact in baseball. Sure, a phenomenal manager like Bruce Bochy can have a huge impact, as can a truly awful one like Mike Matheny. But overall I don't see anything that's convincing me that Bud Black is actively holding the franchise back (we all know who is).

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Seems crazy to me the difference in value of draft picks in the NBA vs the NFL. No one wants to give up a 2nd round pick for the best wide receiver and in the NBA is like here's five 1st round picks for a bench player.

Reactions: dahrougem2

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver

I’m not convinced Charlie will stay retired. Throw him another mill or two and play out another 100 loss season.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Seems crazy to me the difference in value of draft picks in the NBA vs the NFL. No one wants to give up a 2nd round pick for the best wide receiver and in the NBA is like here's five 1st round picks for a bench player.
The NFL roster being five times the size might have something to do with it.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The NFL roster being five times the size might have something to do with it.

Not just that, the whole non-guaranteed contracts thing all but destroys trade value of a player.

And the nature of the NBA and basketball in general as well. Just one superstar player can make all the difference, and the soft cap makes player acquisition a lot easier than other leagues.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I'd add with the NFL, you're looking at grabbing a lot of day 1 starters with the 2nd-4th round picks. Frequently at positions like RB and WR, you can find elite talent at that point in the draft too.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Not just that, the whole non-guaranteed contracts thing all but destroys trade value of a player.

And the nature of the NBA and basketball in general as well. Just one superstar player can make all the difference, and the soft cap makes player acquisition a lot easier than other leagues.
Also look at what a QB gets traded for...:eek3:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad