OT: Other Sports 83

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crow

May 19, 2014
Going down a rabbit hole here I think he deserves it much more than a lot of players. Harold Baines is one of them.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I’ll take your word for it (old man) but his numbers are extremely underwhelming for a 3B man hall of famer.
If that is the case then Brooks Robinson had an underwhelming career. Yeah, Brooks had a higher WAR than Santo but he also played 7 more years than Santo. Both guys are HOFers and don't look at their numbers through today's eyes. Much different offensive atmosphere during that time than it is today.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
The eras change so much its really hard for me to get upset about borderline or guys even undeserving being in. Idk. I do know that Rose and Bonds are two of the absolute best players of all time. They're not in. I guarantee you someone in the HOF has done something worse than Bonds and Rose.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
The eras change so much it’s really hard for me to get upset about borderline or guys even undeserving being in. Idk. I do know that Rose and Bonds are two of the absolute best players of all time. They're not in. I guarantee you someone in the HOF has done something worse than Bonds and Rose.
Whether people have done worse on a societal level doesn’t matter. Players/managers gambling on their sport is the worst thing they could possibly do within the confines of the sport. If a player kills someone, the sport goes on. If players/managers are gambling on the outcome of their own games, the sport is done and would be viewed as having the legitimacy of professional wrestling.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Whether people have done worse on a societal level doesn’t matter. Players/managers gambling on their sport is the worst thing they could possibly do within the confines of the sport. If a player kills someone, the sport goes on. If players/managers are gambling on the outcome of their own games, the sport is done and would be viewed as having the legitimacy of professional wrestling.
Yeah it's a complete disregard for everything sports are about. RIP to one of the best hitters of all time but his exclusion is well earned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad