OT: Other Sports 83

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Watching Missouri football, the offense has a 2nd and 59 yds to go. Not sure I've ever seen that before; unsportsman like conduct, illegal man down field, block in the back and personal foul on three straight plays, 48 yds in penalties

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Urias MLB career should be over at this point. The video of his assault last year was now released (As a matter of public record as the case is officially concluded with him plea deal)

Urias was arrested in 2019 for domestic battery and got a deal. This incident happened a year ago, but video is now out there

2019 deal
In May 2019, Urías was arrested for domestic battery.[81] Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer deferred prosecution on the condition that Urías participate in a hearing, not commit acts of violence against anyone, and complete a 52-week domestic violence counseling program in person.[82]

He again got deal here

On September 3, 2023, Urías was arrested for felony domestic violence, following an incident at a LAFC soccer match that he attended.[83] A witness observed Urias assaulting a woman in the area just outside BMO Stadium and notified police. He was taken into custody without incident, processed, and released after posting bail.[84] Urias was placed on administrative leave by Major League Baseball on September 6 while they conducted an investigation of the incident.[85] On January 9, 2024, the Los Angeles County District Attorney's office announced it would not pursue felony charges against Urías.[86] However, on April 9, the Los Angeles City Attorney charged Urías with five misdemeanor counts related to the incident including one count of spousal battery, two counts of domestic battery involving dating relationship, one count of false imprisonment, and one count of assault.[87] On May 1, he pled "no contest" to one misdemeanor domestic battery charge as part of a plea-deal that dropped the other charges. He was sentenced to 36 months of probation and 30 days of community service and ordered to complete a 52-week domestic violence counseling course.[88]

He has shown clearly he isn't worth another chance IMO

This is a pattern, and he clearly didn't give a damn after 2019 to change

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Reinsdorf is a fluke playoff run by the Sox and the luckiest draft of all time in getting Jordan third overall (who they allegedly wouldn't have taken if they were picking second) away from being pretty indisputably the worst major owner in pro sports that didn't commit a heinous act. Sox can't win other than that year to save their lives, and outside the Jordan and Rose years the only thing honestly positively memorable about the Bulls was DeRozan's daughter getting Toronto to rage out.

I doubt that the apple falls far from the tree, but given that the supposed rumor has been that the Reinsdorf clan wants to sell the Sox after Jerry dies to focus solely on mismanaging the Bulls, there's hopefully eventual light at the end of the tunnel for south side fans.

Reactions: clydesdale line

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Reinsdorf is a fluke playoff run by the Sox and the luckiest draft of all time in getting Jordan third overall (who they allegedly wouldn't have taken if they were picking second) away from being pretty indisputably the worst major owner in pro sports that didn't commit a heinous act. Sox can't win other than that year to save their lives, and outside the Jordan and Rose years the only thing honestly positively memorable about the Bulls was DeRozan's daughter getting Toronto to rage out.

I doubt that the apple falls far from the tree, but given that the supposed rumor has been that the Reinsdorf clan wants to sell the Sox after Jerry dies to focus solely on mismanaging the Bulls, there's hopefully eventual light at the end of the tunnel for south side fans.
Sucks to be a fan of yet another team where we are just waiting for the sack of shit owner to die, for things to hopefully turn around.

Reactions: clydesdale line

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think elderly people should be making major decisions. There's been plenty of examples of this being awful out in the world and I have plenty of examples in my personal life.

Reinsdorf is very old and has no one to tell him "no" when he's being irrational and out of touch with reality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad