OT: Other Sports 82

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
From what I understand from others that know the NBA better, Lauri is still a flawed player (like LaVine) and both their contracts aren't very good.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Thank God

The worst manager I have ever seen coach White Sox

Made me miss Terry Bevington

He was beyond brutal. But it also won't matter much if Reinsdorf does his usual status quo in that aspect of hiring. They need to completely clean house. Unfortunately that old Bozo isn't going anywhere but they can AT LEAST fire most of the international scouting department (looking at you Marco Paddy), some of the development staff on the hitting side, Getz all the way to Brooks Boyer. ALL of them need to be gone.

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He was beyond brutal. But it also won't matter much if Reinsdorf does his usual status quo in that aspect of hiring. They need to completely clean house. Unfortunately that old Bozo isn't going anywhere but they can AT LEAST fire most of the international scouting department (looking at you Marco Paddy), some of the development staff on the hitting side, Getz all the way to Brooks Boyer. ALL of them need to be gone.
He's old. Hopefully he shuffles off into the next life soon.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hear me out

No one will want the Sox job who has any talent or potential. This team is in dumps for next several years

So, should we bring back Ozzie? Personally he is exact type of manager this coming situation needs. Someone who will play kids, hold guys accountable who loaf off and someone who can take slings/arrows of media and fans to protect his team

• Love
Reactions: Malaka

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Hear me out

No one will want the Sox job who has any talent or potential. This team is in dumps for next several years

So, should we bring back Ozzie? Personally he is exact type of manager this coming situation needs. Someone who will play kids, hold guys accountable who loaf off and someone who can take slings/arrows of media and fans to protect his team
What slings and arrows? They win fifty games next year it's improvement.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Hear me out

Here's the thing - a job like that comes with zero expectations. They have to play for the #1 pick next year. So it's a relatively safe gig for a few years.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Eh, it's also a gig that doesn't provide you with a platform to spring off from to being a manager or GM. If anything, getting the gig on the south side might delay an up-and-comer from getting a job as boss of an legitimate organization.

Plus, let's be real... it's not like Reinsdorf will pay top dollar.

Sox's best options would be has-beens looking for one last ride or journeymen oldtimers that just want a boss gig to cap off their career.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hear me out

Why would he ever want that job?

Reactions: Malaka

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
So the Cubs nearly blew a 7 run lead against the Sox. Cubs held on by a 7-6 score.

There is a stat about the Sox I just learn but don't want to say because its feels like I would adding to Sox fans frustrations.

Last edited:

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Been waiting for months for this to get formally announced, lol.

Makes sense. Have to assume Notre Dame and Wisconsin, but will wait and see on who else plays.

Too bad Illinois couldn't get off their asses with a capital drive for a varsity team and arena rather than their current plan of waiting for a single mega donor to fork over a hundred million bucks.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Neat that a women's game is getting featured, too. Hope that's well-attended as well.

Too bad there isn't a PWHL Chicago team. That would've been a fun option, too.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad