OT: Other Sports 82

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8717.png

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Robert and Crochett are the only two that would guarantee to start on the Cubs. The other three would be "depending on match ups."
Have you looked at Fedde's numbers? He's been great. And Dejong is a much better SS than Swanson this season. Lee over Amaya is also a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Have you looked at Fedde's numbers? He's been great. And Dejong is a much better SS than Swanson this season. Lee over Amaya is also a no-brainer as far as I'm concerned.

Outside of his start to the 2024 season, Fedde has been mediocre, a best in his career. So I stand by what I said.

Pez, Fedde would be an upgrade in the Cubs bullpen, I'll give that to you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pez68

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
CBS Sports put out a list ranking all 30 NBA Coaching spots. They judged all 30 positions on:

How stable is ownership, and how involved is it in basketball decisions?

Has ownership proven willing to spend on both players and off-court personnel?

How stable is the front office, and what kind of track record does it have?

How much job security does a typical coach with this team have?

How talented is the roster, today, particularly when it comes to star-level players?

How well-positioned is that roster for long-term success?

The Bulls came in…dead last.

I mean... what did you expect? The Bulls play in the NBA's third-biggest market and their team-building approach appears to be "win as many games as possible without paying the luxury tax." The team is built around two overpaid perimeter scorers, one of whom is 34 and will inevitably extract and inflated contract out of the Bulls in free agency, the other of whom already got one and can't stay healthy. The Bulls gave away two lottery picks for Nikola Vucevic, who is now on one of the NBA's worst contracts. They owe another pick to the Spurs next year for DeMar DeRozan. They've held Alex Caruso hostage for the duration of his well below-market contract because of their insistence on competing for the Play-In tournament, but that means they'll either have to trade him for less value than they could have gotten in the past or extend him at a number that might be shaky as he reaches his 30s. Coby White is really the only thing to get excited about here, but even though he nearly won Most Improved Player, he didn't even average 20 points per game. Jerry Reinsdorf happened to buy the team that employed a young Michael Jordan. Since he retired in 1998, Chicago is 936-1,121. They've won five playoff series in the past 25 years. There are cheap teams. There are poorly managed teams. The Bulls are the most lethal combination of both that exists in the modern NBA. Job security isn't even a certainty here. Yes, Billy Donovan has lasted four years without making any playoff noise, but Jim Boylen didn't even last two full seasons. Tom Thibodeau got fired after five seasons in which he never won fewer than 45 games. Vinny Del Negro only got two seasons. There's nothing to latch onto here. The Bulls are a bad organization and exactly the sort of job any serious coaching candidate should avoid.

Reactions: belfour30

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Outside of his start to the 2024 season, Fedde has been mediocre, a best in his career. So I stand by what I said.
All that matters is right now. We are talking about putting out the best lineup, and, right now, Fedde is in the starting five. Without question.

I think it's funny that even when the Cubs absolutely f***ing suck(they have the same record as the White Sox over the last 4-6 weeks, so maybe step down off your pedestal) Cubs fans have to puff their chest out and pretend to be better.

Both teams are pathetic, and the Cubs have just as many AAAA players as the White Sux.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
All that matters is right now. We are talking about putting out the best lineup, and, right now, Fedde is in the starting five. Without question.

I think it's funny that even when the Cubs absolutely f***ing suck(they have the same record as the White Sox over the last 4-6 weeks, so maybe step down off your pedestal) Cubs fans have to puff their chest out and pretend to be better.

Both teams are pathetic, and the Cubs have just as many AAAA players as the White Sux.
Cool story, bro.

Robert and Crochet are the only guarantee to start for the Cubs. Fedde is JAG. Idk who I would removed from the rotation to make Fedde.

Ok course you are taking it the wrong way. The Cubs would not mind Fedde but he would NOT be a guarantee starter on the Cubs. He has a longer resume of suckage than he does at being productive.

Last edited:

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Cool story, bro.

Robert and Crochet are the only guarantee to start for the Cubs. Fedde is JAG. Idk who I would removed from the rotation to make Fedde.

Ok course you are taking it the wrong way. The Cubs would not mind Fedde but he would NOT be a guarantee starter on the Cubs. He has a longer resume of suckage than he does at being productive.
Talk about self centered :laugh:

We're not talking about who would start 'for the Cubs'. Your guys don't get spots by default because of who they currently play for.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Cool story, bro.

You just proved my point. We're talking about a combined team of the best players. Not who would start on the Cubs. f***ing lol.

P.S. I find it funny you're fixated on Fedde, while ignoring Lee and Dejong.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChiHawks10

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Thank goodness the truth prevailed this case. Just complete horseshit charges were ever brought here. And honestly incredible the way he played with this bogus shit hanging over his head.

It will be interesting to see where he gets drafted now.

Reactions: Pez68

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois

Illini need to adapt to keep guys. Seems weird that a second choice team in a smaller state in a second tier conference money-wise can get more NIL money than at the flagship institution in Illinois in the Big Ten.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Illini need to adapt to keep guys. Seems weird that a second choice team in a smaller state in a second tier conference money-wise can get more NIL money than at the flagship institution in Illinois in the Big Ten.

This wasn't about having enough money to keep Coleman. This was a mutual parting of ways a long time ago.

Illinois landed a highly coveted European a few weeks ago, and they're about to land a five-star next week. You don't get those guys without top tier NIL. And that's on top of the guys they have already added this off-season, which doesn't come cheap when you're replacing an entire roster.

Also, I love Hawkins, but man.. I have no idea how a player like that is getting paid that kind of money. Wild times. That's like triple what Illinois paid Shannon last year, which was considered a lot at that time! The market for NIL went crazy this off-season.

Last edited:

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Robert, Lee, Dejong.

Crochett, Fedde.
I can agree with this as a Cubs fan. Arguing that Lee and Dejong wouldn’t start right now with how much our catching and infield has struggled this year is a joke. Fedde is having a really good year and would definitely be a part of that rotation. Having said all this, even if you combined the Cubs and Sox, that team still is bad. Just an abysmal year for Chicago baseball.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Hopefully the one good thing that comes from this is people realizing Ross wasn’t that bad of a bullpen. This roster was, and still is, horrible.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Hopefully the one good thing that comes from this is people realizing Ross wasn’t that bad of a bullpen. This roster was, and still is, horrible.
Did people really think Ross was the problem? Delusional. But I still think Counsell is a better manager. This roster is just really f***ing bad and I'm not going to spend my time caring about a team that is the 4th most valuable and packs the stadium W or L, and ownership and GM seem to be content to just roll out dog shit lineups.

We all knew this bullpen was bad, no real moves were made, just a bunch of Goodwill shopping and this is where we are. One really bad contract to Heyward and now we are terrified to spend like the major market we are? I barely pay attention to baseball anymore and I don't see any reason to.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Did people really think Ross was the problem? Delusional. But I still think Counsell is a better manager. This roster is just really f***ing bad and I'm not going to spend my time caring about a team that is the 4th most valuable and packs the stadium W or L, and ownership and GM seem to be content to just roll out dog shit lineups.

We all knew this bullpen was bad, no real moves were made, just a bunch of Goodwill shopping and this is where we are. One really bad contract to Heyward and now we are terrified to spend like the major market we are? I barely pay attention to baseball anymore and I don't see any reason to.

Oh yeah, there were way too many people that thought Ross was the problem, or at least one of the main ones. He did a better job than the current highest paid manager is baseball is doing, IMO. But as I said at that time too, there is only so much you can do when this is the team you’re handed as well. Baseball managers are so overrated.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Oh yeah, there were way too many people that thought Ross was the problem, or at least one of the main ones. He did a better job than the current highest paid manager is baseball is doing, IMO. But as I said at that time too, there is only so much you can do when this is the team you’re handed as well. Baseball managers are so overrated.
100%. Managers are morale keepers and baby sitters.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
View attachment 882755

So embarrassing. I’m a clown who thought this fight would actually happen. I truly believed in the power of friendship and HGH
They'll reschedule the fight for later in the year. The UFC has no reason not to as McGregor will still be under contract with them. IMO McGregor wants to fight out his contract so he can go box in Saudi Arabia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad