Other Domestic Leagues 2023/24

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
@Eye of Ra or other Swedes - if I wanna go watch a home game from one of the Stockholm teams, which would be the best to go see? (in terms of fan atmosphere, stadium,..)
I would probably chose a game depending on opposition. A Stockholm derby (AIK, Djurgården, Hammarby) can't go wrong. Other than that games against Malmö and Göteborg are big games for all teams as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eye of Ra

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
1702328187524.png

Poor Boca T-Shirt ...

• Haha
Reactions: al secord

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
I would probably chose a game depending on opposition. A Stockholm derby (AIK, Djurgården, Hammarby) can't go wrong. Other than that games against Malmö and Göteborg are big games for all teams as well.

Well I'm not going to check fixtures and then pick a game, I'm not going there to watch football. I want to visit Stockholm right around midsummer 2024 for a few days so hopefully one of the Stockholm teams has a home game, then I will definitely check it out. It sure helps there are several teams.
Last summer I was in Helsinki and hoped to go to a HJK game but they didn't have a home game at the time sadly.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Similar incident in Turkey, where Ankaragucu owner came onto the pitch and hit the ref in the head, and another staff member kicked the ref in the head when he was lying on the pitch.

Not sure what kind of punishment the club itself should get, but the club personnel involved in the incident should be banned for life from any official capacity in any club and not allowed to set foot inside any stadium ever.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
edit: also worth mentioning but in Serbia, champions Red Star Belgrade have completed their 2nd unbeaten season in 3 years, their only loss in that period was last season in an away game at FK Radnik Surdulica. That's 1 loss in their last 112 league games. (actually 113 because they lost the penultimate game of the 19-20 season) o_O

A bit under the radar, but this weekend Red Star set a new world record for consecutive home games without defeat. They haven't lost a league game at home since 2017 and their streak has now reached 122 games (110 wins, 12 ties) which breaks Real Madrid's previous record of 121 (1957-1965).

Similar incident in Turkey, where Ankaragucu owner came onto the pitch and hit the ref in the head, and another staff member kicked the ref in the head when he was lying on the pitch.

Not sure what kind of punishment the club itself should get, but the club personnel involved in the incident should be banned for life from any official capacity in any club and not allowed to set foot inside any stadium ever.

It's actually the same incident he posted I think, saw some clips earlier

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
A bit under the radar, but this weekend Red Star set a new world record for consecutive home games without defeat. They haven't lost a league game at home since 2017 and their streak has now reached 122 games (110 wins, 12 ties) which breaks Real Madrid's previous record of 121 (1957-1965).

It's actually the same incident he posted I think, saw some clips earlier

Yeah, I quickly read the country name as Turkmenistan in luiginb's post.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Well I'm not going to check fixtures and then pick a game, I'm not going there to watch football. I want to visit Stockholm right around midsummer 2024 for a few days so hopefully one of the Stockholm teams has a home game, then I will definitely check it out. It sure helps there are several teams.
Last summer I was in Helsinki and hoped to go to a HJK game but they didn't have a home game at the time sadly.
Yes, and if any of the Stockholm teams would play one of the teams mentioned I would for sure choose that game over another

However I don't think any games will be played around midsummer as there is the Euros next year. As Sweden is not playing I guess there is a possibility we get lucky and don't have a break, but I don't think so.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

Turkish football at any level is suspended until further notice after the incident.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Schedule was just released. No games between 3rd of June and 5th of July

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Celtic lose back to back league games, today at home to Hearts. Still top of the table but Rangers have two games in hand which if they win both they will top them

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Schedule was just released. No games between 3rd of June and 5th of July

Why do they have a break, when Sweden isn't even in the EURO?
It's not like there are many players from the Swedish league going to be called up for other nations either.

Anyway I checked and on 1/2 June they have Djurgarden v Hammarby scheduled. That might be worth a visit? :nod:

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Why do they have a break, when Sweden isn't even in the EURO?
It's not like there are many players from the Swedish league going to be called up for other nations either.

Anyway I checked and on 1/2 June they have Djurgarden v Hammarby scheduled. That might be worth a visit? :nod:

Totally. Probably a better week to visit Stockholm aswell since the city is typically empty and quiet during midsummer.

I would guess that there will be 2000 tickets or so left after the members have had their chance. So you will have to be quick to get some when/if they are released for the public.

The level on the pitch sometimes(often :laugh:) dissapoints, but off the pitch the atmosphere is fantastic.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Totally. Probably a better week to visit Stockholm aswell since the city is typically empty and quiet during midsummer.

I would guess that there will be 2000 tickets or so left after the members have had their chance. So you will have to be quick to get some when/if they are released for the public.

The level on the pitch sometimes(often :laugh:) dissapoints, but off the pitch the atmosphere is fantastic.

Really? I thought midsummer period would be extremely busy. Don't really mind it either way though. June will probably be less crowded anyway since summer vacation won't have started yet.

I see it's a 45.000 seater stadium, you really think it will be almost sold out for a league game? Stadium looks great though. And yeah I've watched a few Malmö games here and there, I'm not expecting to see tiki-taka :laugh: I'm only going for the experience.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Really? I thought midsummer period would be extremely busy. Don't really mind it either way though. June will probably be less crowded anyway since summer vacation won't have started yet.

I see it's a 45.000 seater stadium, you really think it will be almost sold out for a league game? Stadium looks great though. And yeah I've watched a few Malmö games here and there, I'm not expecting to see tiki-taka :laugh: I'm only going for the experience.
Yeah, for midsummer lots of people leave for theirs or a friends summer house to celebrate and during summer vacation people tend to go abroad or to summer homes aswell.

Tele2 arena in which Djurgården and Hammarby play has a capacity of about 30 000 and during derby's a little less due to security reasons.

For example against AIK in Djurgården's home game last season 24 000 tickets had been sold before the public got a chance to buy

Reactions: Savi

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Wow. But also, didn't realise Deli had ended up in Turkey, he had quite a few good years for Slavia here before getting transferred to Belgium

Had a brilliant first season in Bruges, immediatly became the leader of the defence, played a huge part in us qualifying for the CL (scored a big goal at Dynamo Kiev) and was instrumental in winning the league.
Then in his second he played each game like he was still drunk from the night before, and was eventually loaned, then sold.
Rarely seen such a bizarre turnaround from a Brugge player from one season to another.

Reactions: maclean

Say Hey Kid

War, children, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Rangers down 2-nil, a man down, and only 16 minutes left. They're done. Celtics in first place this year.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Rangers down 2-nil, a man down, and only 16 minutes left. They're done. Celtics in first place this year.

Some pretty goals in that match. Kyogo usually scores from close range, but this time he shot from outside the box a nice curled effort into top corner. I've always liked him, but wondered about his true quality, since he most times doesn't do much in the CL or other continental club tournements. He doesn't even play that much for Japan NT.

Tavernier's late free kick goal was also a thing of beauty into top corner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad