Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LXII: The Bulls are technically an NBA team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
How would you know?????

:laugh:

:laugh:
Nice catch.

To answer: Because it's no different than when I watched 5 years ago. Nothing has changed. GSW are still the favorites for the championship. Most other teams have no chance, with the exception of maybe one or two if they really get hot. It's trash. I also know some hardcore basketball fans who refuse to watch at this point, including a close relative. And he says he can hardly stand to watch a game it's so boring.

Am I wrong? :laugh:

Last edited:

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
I think a huge portion of the NBA's popularity is because all of the off court stuff is like the Kardashians/Real Housewives for men.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Not even with hockey? Ever tuned in just to watch Hasek play goal or prime Karlsson do his thing?
Honestly I don't do that very often. A game every so often? Sure. Definitely not something I do regularly, especially now that I am older and have more things going on. I watch most Hawks games but that's about it.

I think you're describing something very different though. Your point was, if I was not a Hawks fan, would I tune in to the "best" game of the night, a couple times a week and have that be my fandom? I wouldn't.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I enjoy the NBA, but the regular season is especially meaningless, compared to other sports. It's more about highlights, ad individual performances, than anything that affects who's going to win in the end. That said, the GS/Hou game last night was a lot of fun.

But the NBA is much more of a national sport than the NHL. I care so much more about the Blackhawks than the Bulls, but I'm more likely to watch a regular season NBA game than NHL, if it's not my teams. Although, to be honest, I don't watch that much of either.

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Honestly I don't do that very often. A game every so often? Sure. Definitely not something I do regularly, especially now that I am older and have more things going on. I watch most Hawks games but that's about it.

I think you're describing something very different though. Your point was, if I was not a Hawks fan, would I tune in to the "best" game of the night, a couple times a week and have that be my fandom? I wouldn't.

I hear you. I guess my main point was, if you love the game enough, who wins and loses isn’t as important as it is to the casual fan or outsider. Hardcore NBA fans, at least any I’ve talked with or read on here, don’t seem to give a damn about how many teams have a realistic shot at the title. IMO that aspect appeals more to the casual fan. The flip side is when 2 NBA juggernauts lock horns in the playoffs, it’s a 7 game Super Bowl for basketball fans. That’s one of the things I miss about pre-cap NHL. I could get invested in a series like that between 2 teams I didn’t follow but now couldn’t really give 2 shits. Everyone is different though.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
They should definitely not be.
i don't know about being better or not, that is for some serious fans discussing the record of the Bulls.

i however is neither and while in the beginning of the season, i really thought this team would be better. now, new coach, some disgruntle players and the chaos of the team, i now can see the necessity of getting a new coach. now to clean up the internal griping of those players who choose to be a nonconformist of the team ideas ......

now for me and remember i am not good at these time prediction, but this may have put the Bulls 2 additional yrs back.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
i don't know about being better or not, that is for some serious fans discussing the record of the Bulls.

i however is neither and while in the beginning of the season, i really thought this team would be better. now, new coach, some disgruntle players and the chaos of the team, i now can see the necessity of getting a new coach. now to clean up the internal griping of those players who choose to be a nonconformist of the team ideas ......

now for me and remember i am not good at these time prediction, but this may have put the Bulls 2 additional yrs back.
I was very much at the point I'm at now :laugh:

It's very hard to be a good, young team in the NBA. It takes a few years for even the most talented players to take the leap into being able to lead a team. Even in a shit conference

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I was very much at the point I'm at now :laugh:

It's very hard to be a good, young team in the NBA. It takes a few years for even the most talented players to take the leap into being able to lead a team. Even in a **** conference
now for an additional point, this team is talking about several players may be needed to change not only the dynamics of the team but as well as team chemistry. it this was a team that was missing only 1 piece than i will say that timeline is sure is going to be different.....

oh well./

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
They're hot & cold plus a bit dysfunctional, but the talent is there to at least be in range of the playoffs. Maybe they just always play the Pacers tougher than they do most other teams. I thought the same thing last year when they were 3-20-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad