OT: OT-what he doesn’t know is this is a buck and a quarter quarter staff

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
This is some drone footage down near Stump Pass State Park on Manasota Key and then on the other side of Lemon Bay in Grove City (where my old chiropractor used to be):

Single story homes getting destroyed. More modern homes on stilts surviving the carnage. Eventually over time most seaside architecture will adapt to the new realities of climate change and evolving storm strength, and that should lessen the sting of catastrophic hurricane damage.

But I'm thankful the worst cast scenarios --in spite of the widespread damage -- being tossed around before the storm failed to come to fruition.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Single story homes getting destroyed. More modern homes on stilts surviving the carnage. Eventually over time most seaside architecture will adapt to the new realities of climate change and evolving storm strength, and that should lessen the sting of catastrophic hurricane damage.

But I'm thankful the worst cast scenarios --in spite of the widespread damage -- being tossed around before the storm failed to come to fruition.

Interestingly, enough, one of the discussions here in Florida is that the current building codes are already behind the potential severity of the weather and the gap is widening.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Being familiar with him, it's everything he owns in the world. He was unhoused and now lives on that boat, everything he has in the world is there and he is not comfortable abandoning it because he felt he would never be able to return. He isn't alone in the idea that - plenty of people road out the storm because what they own is what they have. And with the way the state bent over backwards to the insurance companies two years ago, a bunch of people are going without storm insurance now because it's become too expensive.

Reactions: michaelsaas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad